Unprecedented rapid growth and expansion domestically and internationally results in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Edge and HOG Dive Gear is proud to announce the addition of John Schmidt (he goes by Jack) to our management team. Jack will be accepting the position of Operations Manager and will be working closely with our dealers and distributers to better serve their needs and continue the exceptional customer service they have come to expect. He brings almost 20 years of dive industry experience and expertise to the position and has a background in regulator repair, scuba instruction, as well as extensive retail dive shop management experience. He looks forward to putting his dive and customer service knowledge to work for each of our valued dealers.

Born and raised in Michigan, Jack has always had a love of the water and first became certified there in 1990. Shortly thereafter he entered the US Navy and served until 1994 aboard fleet ballistic missile submarines, it was during his Navy time that he began actively pursuing diving in the South Eastern United States. Upon leaving the Navy in 1994 he took his first position with a dive shop in South Carolina and worked both in the shop as well as on their charter boats. In 1995 he returned to Michigan and managed several dive shops and started sharing his love of diving through instruction and remained in Michigan until 1999 when he moved to Georgia seeking warmer weather. Since 1999 he has managed several stores in Georgia and continues to teach all levels of divers.

Jack is an Instructor for a variety of training agencies and Technical Tri Mix and Full Cave certified diver

Chris Richardson of EDGE and HOG stated the following about the appointment “It was critical to me that the selection and appointment of the Operations Manager be a highly skilled diver with comprehensive dive industry experience and knowledge. I could not be happier than to have Jack agree to come onboard. Managing growth while maintaining the exceptional customer service that has helped us grow was priority one, Jack understands and appreciates the direction and philosophy of EDGE and HOG and I am confident that our dealers and distributors will enjoy working with Jack and end up respecting his abilities as much as I do. It’s an exciting time here and I am looking forward to working together ”

EDGE and HOG Dive Gear is a popular and growing line of recreational and technical diving equipment that is committed to offering dive gear “Built for Quality and Value” .

---------- Post added ----------

Jack is here on Scubaboard as "jacksatlanta", please feel free to welcome him and flood his PM box.:D

sympathy to Jack may be more appropriate.:D

I think I should move back to Atlanta and you can hire me. :)

congrats to both of you.

sympathy to Jack may be more appropriate.:D

Perhaps:
Jack is here on Scubaboard as "jacksatlanta", please feel free to welcome him and flood his PM box.
04.gif

Just sent him a welcome PM:wink:

I expect that EDGE will be on a hiring binge for the foreseeable future.
I think I should move back to Atlanta and you can hire me. :)

congrats to both of you.

hmmmm. time to update my resume. lol

seriously though, I do miss all my good dive buddies in Atlanta. they introduced me to the magical world of diving and caves.

a while back a friend for Atlanta told me about your company and what you were doing. it's great to see you growing like you are.

Reactions: Jax
I'm really glad to hear the company has grown enough that you need an operations manager. Proof that selling quality goods at reasonable prices and with excellent customer service will still work, even in today's economy.

Reactions: Jax
I was wondering, with all of this growth, does the corp strategy include joining up with LeisurePro any time soon? Your gear and prices are great, Edge seems conspicuously absent from that store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom