Unpair Galileo Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm trying to unpair a transmitter so that I can pair it with a different transmitter. The manual says that I can unpair the transmitter and computer using SmartTrak, but I don't see anywhere in SmartTrak to do it.

Beiji,
Just insert the new transmitter to your first stage and turn on the air with the Galileo close by. The computer will read the new transmitter as foreign and will ask you to "Pair ?". Confirm and you are good to go...

Thanks for replying, Harry, but that's not the problem. I have two transmitters on two different first stages - one for single tanks and one for doubles. One is paired as "buddy." I want to be able to unpair it as "buddy" and pair it as my primary.

If you leave the transmitter unpressurized/off tank for ~45 seconds it will emit the pairing sequence when you turn the air on. Even if the transmitter is currently paired with our computer it will bleep and ask you which tank it is for. Just say 'primary' and you are good to go.

Finally I was able to do it after getting explicit instructions. The computer has to be touching the transmitter before the air is turned on and while the air is being turned on until it asks to be paired.

Finally I was able to do it after getting explicit instructions. The computer has to be touching the transmitter before the air is turned on and while the air is being turned on until it asks to be paired.

Did you have to touch the computer to the transmitter when you originally paired it? My Luna paired from a two feet away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom