Unofficial Oahu Yak Divers Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sloth:
Since it is a shore dive count me in.

Anyone have any reccomendations on a good place to get nitrox fills around Diamond Head?

If we do Lanai Lookout you won't need Nitrox, unless you just want it. The deepest the dive gets is about 68 feet. You actually do the majority of the dive around 25-35 feet deep though and I ended the last one with 1300psi left in the tank. That was with a side-trip.

When I discussed nitrox in the earlier thread it was for using on deeper kayak dives to extend my bottom time for those as well as the safety.

Air it is then. Could you send out a PM with the details if its a go? Look foward to it, read some cool things about that place :)

One other thing, is it caverny enough to bring a can light or would that be over kill?

Sloth:
Air it is then. Could you send out a PM with the details if its a go? Look foward to it, read some cool things about that place :)

One other thing, is it caverny enough to bring a can light or would that be over kill?

A can light would be overkill. We went through it with our scout lights (2 for 3 of us). I know, each of us should have had a light and that one of us learned his lesson. The first cavern is only about 100 feet through, 15-20 feet high by about 60-80 feet wide. The tube we go through is only about 4-5 feet high at most places and about 7-9 feet wide through most of it.

Sorry everybody. My medical issue has grown so until further notice I will not be diving. Please don't call the dive on my account though. I could make it, but am not counting on it, however that shouldn't mean no fun for the rest of you. Lanai Lookout still looks great for Sunday. We will get out in kayaks eventually. Hey, maybe on the north shore, 32 foot waves are only just higher than 2X my kayak's length. They might be doable. :rofl3:

Is the Lanai lookout dive still on? I'm really interested, but have heard/read lots of horror stories. I'd love to try tag along with someone who's been there. I'm a bit like sloyota, comfortable underwater but not extremely experienced. I only have about 30 dives. I'm not sure when the conditions will be better...we just came from Hanauma Bay yesterday, headed out around Cable Channel/Witches Brew, and it seemed a little strong on the Surface considering the area.

I'm checking with JJ, maybe the dive is still on...

This weekend I must bow out; going to rip some consecutive dives off a boat...dives this time are being taken care of...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom