unlimited dives shallower than 30 ft. min S.I.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chip104:
Hi Dr. Deco, just another question in relation to Spoon's.

For unlimited shallow diving, will poor air quality in the tank lead to increased VGE detection? Will it make you more suceptible to DCS?

Thanks for any insight!

im curious as well whether the quality coud play a factor

Hello readers:

Air Quality

I am not certain what is being asked. When I think of “air quality,” I generally think of contamination, e.g., carbon monoxide. With carbon monoxide, bubbles would probably be the least of your concerns.

If your air were contaminated with other gases that are very soluble, e.g., argon, you would be more prone to produce decompression bubbles. How you would get increased levels of argon into your air supply would be quite a trick

Please clarify your question.:06: I believe I am missing something.......

Dr Deco :doctor:

Dr Deco:
Hello readers:

Air Quality

I am not certain what is being asked. When I think of “air quality,” I generally think of contamination, e.g., carbon monoxide. With carbon monoxide, bubbles would probably be the least of your concerns.

If your air were contaminated with other gases that are very soluble, e.g., argon, you would be more prone to produce decompression bubbles. How you would get increased levels of argon into your air supply would be quite a trick

Please clarify your question.:06: I believe I am missing something.......

Dr Deco :doctor:

hi Doc i beleive the question is would the quality of the air in the tanks be a contributing factor to getting dcs? i guess what me and chip meant to say is that some of the resorts in rural philippines churn out compressed air that is not known for their quality. there are at times contaminants such as oil and grease. The gas i am talking about is air only so it would not include other forms of gas such as helium or argon etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom