Universal Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there other manifold units of system with same feature?

Uh, there's so much wrong information on the homepage, I'd be leery of them anyway, but mixing and matching cylinders to manifold? Red flags for me:

"Please note that the adapters of the Universal Manifold are chrome plated, a wrench may be required for assembly on their initial use"

"We can also supply a stainless steel mesh hose guard as well as custom lengths of the high pressure hose to suit any need."

"Please note that this product is not intended for use in exceeding the U.S. Navy Dive Tables"

http://www.technodivers.com/Photo4.htm

Wow... a HP hose connecting non-redundant gas, with a fabric and velcro set of bands. That's scary.

There is nothing thie product does that couldn't be better done with just diving a larger tank.

I don't like the looks of it. Looks like you'd be adding half a dozen failure points to your gas supply with no real benefit.
Personally, I'd rather put the money in another reg and just dive independent doubles.
Rick

Yes,

The similar item is a “Cheater Bar (Dual Yoke Manifold)” that uses Yoke Valve. Actually, I inquired it this board and got many insights. Nobody recommended it to me. But, I bought, had, and used it. Yeah, that’s me. I have to check it out by myself. After using a couple of times, I found out that there can be a big failure point unless the space (distance) between two valves does fit to the Cheater bar’s configuration. That is, you need to have the exact same size of band to ensure no stress point on the manifold.

That is the exact reason why they use the hose between two valves instead of a SS middle bar. I like their idea, but their price ($399) is a rip off. We had better buy a decent second regulator for an independent set up.

I can't believe it is legal to sell something like that! Not only is it a rip off price wise but as PF points out... it's scary!
a HP hose connecting non-redundant gas, with a fabric and velcro set of bands. That's scary.

Anyone wanna guess what happens to the poor sap who manifolds 2 AL80s, gets into mandatory deco and has a failure late in the dive?

I hope they have a good lawyer, because that setup could easily bend or kill someone. Notice they don't mention how to MOUNT that new set of instant doubles. Most likely scenario is someone cam's in the single tank, and leaves the manifolded second tank flapping in the breeze wtih just the velcro band and HP hose connecting it.

Wow...

Oh~~man... another legal concern!. Point taken.

Based on my experience, it has been OK for the shallow diving (up to 30 ft) because we can get to surface anytime. Actually, I have experience one O-ring failure at 22ft at the local quarry. The air was leaking from the one valve by using travel bands. But, it can be scary more than 30 ft diving. Just my 2 cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom