United discontinues weekday flights in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I met a couple gentelmen from England at Ohana's on a Saturday night in September 2013. They were a little upset, their dive bags missed the transfer on United in IAH. United told them 'no problem' they would be on the next flight, the following Saturday, which was also the same plane they were scheduled to depart on.
Yeah, that sucks - but then the airline has to accept full responsibility. If they need clothes, buy them and make the airline pay. If they need gear, rent it all and make the airline pay. Except the airlines can get bags where they need to be on other airlines. Got to work the system and get to the people who make things happen.

I bet I drag more than you.

Haha - Obviously you've never seen how an ex-pat who owns a business travels back from the states - I can't speak for Dave, but I know MOST of us who live here go there with empty suitcases and come back loaded down to the max - I just came home from my low season getaway with 3 -50 pound bags + carry-ons - haha!

And by the way - this is not the first year United has done that during low season - the flights ALWAYS get scarce during low season. None of the airlines do daily flights usually from mid August through September or October

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom