Unified Dive Industry wants to change DEMA for the better!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not in the business, just an avid diver living in posiably the largest potential market for new divers in the country and I have never heard or seen of the Be A Diver marketing program until just viewing DEMA's web-site. That being said, do you really expect an organization to drive the industry for dues of $25.00 per year?

No, I don't. My point was that $25 seemed like a fair price, given their effectiveness.

Terry

There is by no means enough money in membership dues to run DEMA. Virtually all funds to run DEMA come from the trade show!!

I am a DEMA member and I am very happy with what I get with my dues: a nice yearly plaque to hang on the wall :wink:

Last year I sent a letter to the person "running" DEMA. I am still waiting for a response :depressed:

I signed the UDI petition. How do I become a supporter?

Alberto

If DEMA is.....the Dive Equipment Manufacturers Association (the old days)....then I say they should do exactly what the few dive equipment manufacturers want them to do.

If DEMA is....the Dive Equipment Marketers Association....then I think they should provide a MUCH larger voice for the dive retailers.

I have some ideas as to what should be done (oh, and I don't care if it is DEMA or some other organization), but I can PROMISE you my ideas would be considered RADICAL and OUTSIDE OF THE MAINSTREAM by current folks that "run" this industry. In fact, talking about them here on ScubaBoard would cause me just tons of pain. :D Oh well.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

If DEMA is.....the Dive Equipment Manufacturers Association (the old days)....then I say they should do exactly what the few dive equipment manufacturers want them to do.

If DEMA is....the Dive Equipment Marketers Association....then I think they should provide a MUCH larger voice for the dive retailers.

I have some ideas as to what should be done (oh, and I don't care if it is DEMA or some other organization), but I can PROMISE you my ideas would be considered RADICAL and OUTSIDE OF THE MAINSTREAM by current folks that "run" this industry. In fact, talking about them here on ScubaBoard would cause me just tons of pain. :D Oh well.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

You've got my vote, Phil. Sounds like you just volunteered. Do you think we can rent a conference room at the convention center to hash out our takeover of DEMA? :D

It was great to see that Dan Emke, President of Oceanic, Aeris, has added his strong voice to this important initiative. Dan has much experience in the field, and in the office, his support will help make this critical change possible.

Now, if Aqua-Lung, Cressi, Dive Rite, Henderson, Mares, Poseidon,and many others, will just, at least, declare themselves, we will know who stands where.

This is a defining moment. I am confident that the our industry will respond and make the changes necessary.

Dan is one of the most far sighted manufacturing officials, always has been.

I was not originally shocked to see ScubaPro immediately sign this initiative. I have always sensed that they had considerable differences with the way the DEMA organization operated. However, the addition yesterday of Oceanic and Aeris was just a little surprising and quite a breath of fresh air.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

So does this really boil down to PADI and Aqua Lung vs. everybody else?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom