Unexpected finds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheeledgoat

Covid Vaccinated
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
No doubt it exposes me for the novice that I am, but my daughter and I had a great time playing with a bowling ball we found on a platform in a quarry. To these two inexperienced divers, it was quite the novel treat, and very unexpected.

Which leads me to wonder what unexpected things have others come across? There's bound to be some great stories out there from divers that happened upon something they didn't expect...

Not mine, but a diver I knew found a gun in Lake Washington by an access point. Seattle PD wasn't interested, even though common sense would say it was ditched by a criminal.

Local quarry has bowling balls and basketball hoop. It is interesting how the ball feels much lighter in water but it has the same inertia since mass the same but the effective weight is much less.

To me the most interesting things have been living creatures. First time I saw fresh water jellies (actually a first cousin of a jelly) in the quarry was cool. NC coast is known for lots of stuff but not so much nudis. I keep an eye out for them and am delighted each time I find a new kind. Same for IDing a new fish or other critter.

Anybody dived (or snorkeled) the "artificial" reef things in Navarre Beach, FL panhandle (Bay side)? So there are the 4 signs forming a square around the "reefs" telling boats no go. Inside there is where I found the anchor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom