Undies Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PA/NJdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
On a recent thread, there was a discussion about different types of underwear.

My softwear arrived on Thursday, and I couldn't wait to try it out. I had ordered the two piece, 300 gram undies.

Went to the local quarry. Air temp was in the upper 30s with snow on the ground. Water was 46. I wear a dry hood and dry gloves but no argon for this dive. I did wear a set of poly prop underwear underneath the softwear.

We did a 50 minute dive, and I was colder than if I was wearing my weezles. I'll wear them when the water is warmer, but I'm going back to my weezles.

Stacey

how do you like your weezles, and which one do you use. i am looking into them and would love to hear your feedback. i now use a single layer one piece that i got with my suit and i dont really get too chilled yet, but have not pushed it much yet...

PA/NJdiver once bubbled...
On a recent thread, there was a discussion about different types of underwear.

My softwear arrived on Thursday, and I couldn't wait to try it out. I had ordered the two piece, 300 gram undies.

Went to the local quarry. Air temp was in the upper 30s with snow on the ground. Water was 46. I wear a dry hood and dry gloves but no argon for this dive. I did wear a set of poly prop underwear underneath the softwear.

We did a 50 minute dive, and I was colder than if I was wearing my weezles. I'll wear them when the water is warmer, but I'm going back to my weezles.

Stacey

I have had my Extreme to the middle 40's and am quite happy with it. It keeps sweat away from you and dries very quickly. Also is nice out the water as exposure protection from cold and wind.

Phil

MechDiver once bubbled...
I have had my Extreme to the middle 40's and am quite happy with it. It keeps sweat away from you and dries very quickly. Also is nice out the water as exposure protection from cold and wind.

Phil
Is it a thinsulate garment?

O-ring once bubbled...

Is it a thinsulate garment?

It acts like it, but I don't think so. The Weezles are very fluffy and light, and unrestrictive. Most of the thinsulate I remember as being thin and more like outergarments.

Phil

PA/NJdiver once bubbled...
Air temp was in the upper 30s with snow on the ground. Water was 46.

We did a 50 minute dive, and I was colder than if I was wearing my weezles.
I am sorry to hear that and I feel bad since I recommended them.

My experience is just the opposite... I felt that the weezels were not as warm especially with my trilam.

However the weezels are warmer above water since they can be completely lofted and the outer shell blocks the wind fairly well.

I certainly am surprised at your report.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

I am sorry to hear that and I feel bad since I recommended them.

My experience is just the opposite... I felt that the weezels were not as warm especially with my trilam.

I certainly am surprised.

Do you wear much under the Weezle? I read the less the better, and I only wear shorts to avoid trapping moisture.

I'm considering the weezle (as an undergarment) and was wondering about sizing?
Since they only come in mens sizes I wondered about fit - do they have any stretch to them? How accurate are the measurements (are they actually a bit bigger than advertised). I find that some companies tell you the hip measurement is 38 and then I've tried on the suit and it fits me and I have larger than 38 hips. This does'nt make sence to me - it makes it very difficult to choose the correct size. I'm unable to try on the weezle since there are'nt any stores stocking them (that I know of) in my area.
Thanks for any responses.
Barb

MechDiver once bubbled...
Do you wear much under the Weezle?
...actually no. Same with the polarfleece.

I haven't tried my weezel with the CF200... but I will to see how it does.

O-ring... the weezel is not thinsulate... and it compresses down a great deal... you need extra gas to keep the loft and the thermal barrier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom