Underwater white balance - got an idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had trouble with the black stripe sometimes.
That's my problem with various gear elements as WB targets. I'd like to choose my gear based on other characteristics... and so far what I found doesn't come in neutral grey and has no stripes or other graphics :( Maybe except for tanks, but I can't use my own tank, and my buddies usually aren't cooperative enough (I don't blame them, having to stand still on my command every 5-10 minutes would drive anyone crazy).

I still swear by the simply pointing to open ocean, maybe it is a difference between green water? but i get a lot of success that way.

Here is a video from 2 weeks ago, we were about 15m, straight from camera (g7x mii) with a custom wb, no video lights, no post.. i feel the colors are very realistic to what i recall seeing.

fun video, but you need to bear in mind that your eyes aren't seeing true colour underwater. It's all down to how exacting people want to be. Generally these discussions are around trying to get as close to 'the blue planet' level filming as possible..

interested to know what happened at the end of that video though>?

That video would go for a lot of cash in some Tokyo clubs...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom