Underwater structure near Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not entirely sold on this. However, the the stuff on Yonaguni is still a pretty good mystery that doesnt' seem to get much attention.

Interesting History channel video on youtube. Search "Japans Mysterious Underwater Megaliths" on youtube to find it (since I haven't posted enough on this forum to post a URL).

You let coral grow on something for X thousand years and see if you recognize it as civilization closeup...:) Shoot we have trouble identifying wrecks that are less than 500...

Mike

You let coral grow on something for X thousand years and see if you recognize it as civilization closeup...:)

That is no significant coral growing on the underwater rock formation in Yonaguni, if I remember correctly. Certainly no growth was enough to distract from the clean lines that were easily visible.

That is no significant coral growing on the underwater rock formation in Yonaguni, if I remember correctly. Certainly no growth was enough to distract from the clean lines that were easily visible.

Geoff_H, You are correct there are no coral growths on the Yonaguni ruins due to the fact that there are swift currents that frequent the site and this does not allow corals to take root. There is only a limited time that divers can get on the ruins and often use hooks so they don't get blown off the monument. I have seen video of Arataki the discover of the monuments walking barefoot on the white sand down the road leading the monuments, when there was no currents, and it is pretty specktacular video that can be seen at Sawes Dive Shop on Yonaguni.

I agree that the evidence we have so far is not conclusive for the Sunabe monument. Yonaguni is a much more impressive structure overall.

Very interesting things about both places though - both are in about the same depth of water. Both have rather impressive lines - Yonaguni more so due to the currents there.

One interesting thing about Sunabe is that the structures extend over almost 500 meters of total horizontal distance.

Eric,

What brand is your DPV? I have two SeaDoo's that I bought second hand.

Another interesting point is Hedo Dome, where there are stalagtites underwater. Stalagtites can only grow on land. There is also a fresh water source entering the cave. It has been observed that there were black smoke marks on the ceiling inside the air dome maybe indicating ancient people once used the cave for shelter. Supposely there is a cricket that only can be found in the air dome and some how has evoled seperatly from other crickets. This air dome is sealed and you can sence the air is stale when you surface in the air dome. The entrance to the cave is about 65' deep.

Its an X scooter. I sold it a few months ago to a fellow local diver.

I haven't dove Hedo dome yet but I certainly want to!

I've yet to dive Yonaguni, but plan to do so before I leave. I've seen the sketches, seen the footage, seen quite a bit on it and I must say, I'm not convinced. Apparently, the scientific community is rather split on the topic as well. Well regular and impressive, I would never call it a monument unless it was proven to be so. To me, the proportions just don't seem compelling. I'll take a dive there before I head home, but I remain skeptical.

RikRaeder,

I am sure you have seen pictures of Stone Henge, Pyramids of Giza, Mayan Pyramids, Stone Sculptures on Easter Island. Even these scientifically proven mandmade features don't have perfect right angles like Yonaguni. Yet right angles like what are seen in Yonaguni don't form in nature. Nature has its own order, and it is the opposite of mans order. The opposite of mans order is entropy. For example if you rake up a pile of leaves if you don't constanly re-rake the leaves a gust of wind is going to destroy your order. The same happens in nature, with right angles. I have seen much of the fotage also, but a visit to Yonaguni and seening the photo's of Arataki the original discover of the ruins, it is unequivical that these structures were manmade. The reason that the scientific community does not want to admit that the ruins were manmade it would re-write human history by over 10,000 years. On the discovery channel there was a show about 5 underwater cities (Alexanderia, Egypt; Herodville, Isreal; city in India , Yonaguni, and one in England. What if God did flood the world (in Noah Arc's Day) as it was told in the bible and we are just now discovering these under water ruins? 2/3rds of the world is covered by water, yet more men have walked on the moon than have been to the bottom of the ocean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom