underwater scooter at auto parts store

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bought the 99.00 scooter at kragen just for the price. the kids are having a blast in the pool and it moves them around pretty good no problems so far.I have the seadoo vs and there is quite a difference in power between the two with the seadoo being much more powerfull. I know the seadoo is still a lower end scooter but its pretty cool shooting through kelp and over reefs and I can get 2 moderate dives out of it before changing the battery. I just wish I knew someone else with one locally it would be a blast.

mike_s:
The one you are talking about is made by SeaDoo. The one they are talking about above for $99 is made by "Shanghai Sunlink Imports RLN170001 Water Scooter: "

It may or may not matter but it does not appear that the Sea Doo scooter is made by Sea Doo. Nor for that matter does it seem to have anything to do with Bombardier, other than the license of the trademarks "Sea Doo" and "Bombardier." The distributor appears to be Daka International and I suspect that if you go far enough back up the chain you'll find common suppliers in China, although the $99 Kragen scooter is either the generic or knock-off version of the Sea Doo "Seascooter," not the more expensive GTI or the VS Supercharged models.

I looked at the ones at Kragen and they looked like what you'd expect for a $99 scooter. Fun for the pool and snorkeling but I wouldn't want to scooter one farther out in the ocean than I could tow it back. Although I think I'd say the same about the Seadoo "Seascooter."

at 3 times the price u should go 3 times as long on a battery and recharge in a 3rd of the time and go times as fast.. id buy 2 back up batterys for the sea doo and have $2,000. for some dive trips and have batterys up the wazooo to dive with all day,,,...lol

Pez de Diablo:
I have a dive buddy that has the Supercharged VT model, she gets about 80 minutes from the thing. I can swim as fast as it pulls her and on my Silent Submersion I can do donuts around her. However, I think that this is still lots of smiles to be had for a reasonable price. A good scooter for recreational diving in my opinion.

Kragen is recalling the scooters due to the battery and compartment popping out under pressure.I had no problems with mine though but I returned it anyway the store was pretty adamant that it was dangerous ,they are taking them back with or without a receipt so someone must have gotten injured pretty good.my kids were bored with it anyway so it was like I borrowed it for a while.I know sellers on ebay sell them,wonder how that will work out for the manufacturer.

Wow... sounds nice. But at what speed (max?) will you be flying trough the water? Would it be possible to tune the thing up a little bit? Nice to know if I'm being chased by a hungry fish or two... :wink:

Any more info an the recall would be great. Might be a good way to get a few real cheap and see if they can have the bug worked out.. remember the Sony camera recall. Sony referb them and sold them again at half the price and they worked great. I have one with a housing and it still lives.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 29, 2005
Release #05-210
Firm's Recall Hotline: (800) 842-3070
CPSC Consumer Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908
CSK Media Contact: (602) 631-7082
CPSC, CSK Auto Announce Recall of Aqua Water Scooters
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Aqua Water Scooters
Units: About 2,200
Importer: CSK Auto Inc., of Phoenix. Ariz.
Hazard: Hydrogen gas can build up in the battery compartment and cause the battery cover and the battery package to forcefully expel from the product, posing a risk of injury to the user or bystanders.

Incidents/Injuries: CSK has received nine reports of the battery cover and/or the battery package being expelled from the water scooter, including three reports of facial injuries such as lacerations and bruising.

Description: The Aqua Water Scooter is a hand-held, battery-powered product used to propel swimmers through the water. The product has either a yellow or red plastic enclosure, a black plastic handle and propeller and a shark face on the front.

Sold at: Checker Auto Parts and Kragen Auto Parts stores in California, Arizona, Nevada and Minnesota, and on the firm's Web site from April 2005 to June 2005 for about $99.

Tyger Ray is the first underwater scooter that is affordable, with better features and ability than the higher priced competition! Like other underwater scooters, the Tyger Ray uses principles of hydrodynamics to propel itself below the surface. Unlike the others, however, the Tyger Ray is more compact and weighs only 40 pounds, yet it still has the oomph to carry its “rider” to a depth of 100 feet with its 12v motor.

johncliff
Wide Circles

Does any one know anything about the seadoo explorer ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom