underwater scooter at auto parts store

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saintsfan

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just picked up a kragen autoparts sales ad and on the front page is a underwater scooter that resembles the original seadoo in color and looks, for the bargain price of $99 with a depth rating of 65'. I just found it amusing,but for the price it might be of interest to someone, heck I might just pick up one for my 13 y/o son.

Funnily enough I went to Costco yesterday in Hisayama, Japan. They actually had the SeaDoo! Here it's priced at around $240, but that's way cheaper than anything else in Japan of that nature!
As you said it's rated to around 60ft - which actually corresponds with the deepest dives in our local area. One thing I am curious about though - does anyone know how long the battery will last on a full charge?

Kim:
Funnily enough I went to Costco yesterday in Hisayama, Japan. They actually had the SeaDoo! Here it's priced at around $240, but that's way cheaper than anything else in Japan of that nature!
As you said it's rated to around 60ft - which actually corresponds with the deepest dives in our local area. One thing I am curious about though - does anyone know how long the battery will last on a full charge?

The one you are talking about is made by SeaDoo. THe one they are talking about above for $99 is made by "Shanghai Sunlink Imports RLN170001 Water Scooter: "

As for the battery time, Google search is your friend here.

It found the SeaDoo models at http://www.seadooseascooter.com/home/index.htm

For some reason though when I click on the models at the above page, the links wouldn't open.

Another google search for "Seadoo scotter battery time" found vendor websites with times listed from 60 minutes to 90 minutes depending on the model.

Yes, I already checked on Google and found that they say 'more than an hour'. I was wondering how accurate that really was (advertising claims?) and if anyone had actual experience using one. I'm not sure which model it was - I'd have to go back and check again.

I have a dive buddy that has the Supercharged VT model, she gets about 80 minutes from the thing. I can swim as fast as it pulls her and on my Silent Submersion I can do donuts around her. However, I think that this is still lots of smiles to be had for a reasonable price. A good scooter for recreational diving in my opinion.

Pez de Diablo:
on my Silent Submersion I can do donuts around her.
If you had an X...you could have been doing figure 8's :wink:

Pez de Diablo:
I have a dive buddy that has the Supercharged VT model, she gets about 80 minutes from the thing. I can swim as fast as it pulls her and on my Silent Submersion I can do donuts around her. However, I think that this is still lots of smiles to be had for a reasonable price. A good scooter for recreational diving in my opinion.

Thanks P de D. We have a couple of sites here that are quite long swims to the actual point. I could imagine you save a lot of air using something like this. Maybe I'll consider it.

saintsfan:
I just picked up a kragen autoparts sales ad and on the front page is a underwater scooter that resembles the original seadoo in color and looks, for the bargain price of $99 with a depth rating of 65'. I just found it amusing,but for the price it might be of interest to someone, heck I might just pick up one for my 13 y/o son.
I notice the shipping weight is 2.00 pounds....
Odd, that.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom