Underwater Pumpkin Carving/Chili Cook-off Oct. 26th CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There should be some video and pictures available soon. I'll post as soon as I get my hands on them. We had around 40 people show up with 14 pumpkins sacrificed to the Great Underwater Pumpkin.
There were some amazingly good carvings and some err interesting ones too. The chili was tasty yet I can tell that we have several yankees amoungst us with so many bean mixtures submited. I found a receipe for a pumpkin chili that sounds just awful but I might make it next year for the hell of it.
With all the pumpkin seeds floating around CSSP, I expect to see a pumpkin patch sprout up next spring.
Thanks to all that attended and spread the word to make it a fun gathering.

Cheers,
Rich

The chili was tasty yet I can tell that we have several yankees amoungst us with so many bean mixtures submited.

How embarrassing. If you MUST eat beans with chili, they should be served on the side, the way the good lord intended. :shakehead: Be careful around people like that, they could slip corn or any number of questionable ingredients in there.

BTW, I was 18 years old before I found out that "damn" and "yankee" were two different words. :rofl3:

. . . . yet I can tell that we have several yankees amoungst us with so many bean mixtures submited.
That's just a sin. Beans? Chili? :confused: Who does that? and why?

How embarrassing. If you MUST eat beans with chili, they should be served on the side, the way the good lord intended. :shakehead:
I agree with King.

Rich,

That was a nice group of people.

He's right the Chili was lined up across the table.
Water temp was 71 degrees and the top ten feet was very clear.

Now I just have to see if we show up in the photos.
We were the two guys in the truck with the rebreathers.

Regards, Andrew

There should be some video and pictures available soon. I'll post as soon as I get my hands on them. We had around 40 people show up with 14 pumpkins sacrificed to the Great Underwater Pumpkin.
There were some amazingly good carvings and some err interesting ones too. The chili was tasty yet I can tell that we have several yankees amoungst us with so many bean mixtures submited. I found a receipe for a pumpkin chili that sounds just awful but I might make it next year for the hell of it.
With all the pumpkin seeds floating around CSSP, I expect to see a pumpkin patch sprout up next spring.
Thanks to all that attended and spread the word to make it a fun gathering.

Cheers,
Rich

Last edited:
I don't doubt it. Peace. We are all Americans at the end of the day. I might give people a hard time on occassion; but we're all Americans and Americans first. I will always support my fellow Americans -- even if they are Yankees :D

Hey - here is a partial "Yankee" test: If you know and like okra, cornbread with chittlins, chilli without beans (hot!), chorizo, use y'all regularly in conversation and writing, hate snow and cold, love warm and hot sunshine, love regular summer thunderstorms with hurricane force winds then you are likely NOT a Yankee regardless of where you currently live! My strongest family roots growing up were in Kaintuck in the boonies with outhouses, crappie and catfish fries, cane pole fishing, tobacco farming, coon hunting, etc. Ain't no Yankee grew up that way!

Hey - here is a partial "Yankee" test: If you know and like okra, cornbread with chittlins, chilli without beans (hot!), chorizo, use y'all regularly in conversation and writing, hate snow and cold, love warm and hot sunshine, love regular summer thunderstorms with hurricane force winds then you are likely NOT a Yankee regardless of where you currently live! My strongest family roots growing up were in Kaintuck in the boonies with outhouses, crappie and catfish fries, cane pole fishing, tobacco farming, coon hunting, etc. Ain't no Yankee grew up that way!

A gentleman would never talk about crappie and outhouses in the same sentence, though. :) And for all you of questionable lineage, crappie is pronounced "croppy".

Back
Top Bottom