Underwater Pumpkin Carving/Chili Cook-off Oct. 26th CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubablue67

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi,

Just wanted to share that we are having an Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest/ Chili Cookoff at Clear Springs on Sunday Oct 26th. The fun begins a 12:00 and runs till around 3:00pm.
Bring a pumpkin!
There are two divisions for the judging:
Old School crave it up dive knife only.
Martha Stewart approved method with pumpkin tools and patterns.
There will be prizes for the winning buddy teams.
The chili cookoff is to simply bring your favorite chili in a crock pot and everyone will judge by which cup they put their tasting spoons after sampling.
The chili champion gets the coveted Chili Trophy! Plus a prize to boot.

For those that are card collectors we are offering a PADI approved Underwater Pumpkin Carver Specialty card. Just a fun way to confuse the next dive operator that asks for a c-card. :) PADI charges us 25.00 to make the card for those that want the specialty card.

Even if the viz sucks it's still fun to carve a pumpkin underwater and watch the fish swarm for the pumpkin guts.

Cheers,
Rich
For more info email rich@internationalscuba.com

Pumpkin gut Chili ???Mack
______

:rofl3:

Additional thought...(well, sort of)

Is this called "punk'n chumming"?

Where on shore will be pumpkin carving HQ? I might come to watch the fun - but I might have to get a thicker wetsuit first...Ryan said it was getting chilly....

We are planning on the pavillion area near the RV hookups.
It's always interesting to see just how good (and bad) the carving goes. I enjoy to see them lit up underwater by dive lights but we will also have a display on shore for the neoprene challenged and non diving crowd. I had hoped to ask Robert to turn up the heat a bit for the weekend.

I think I am going to pass. Allergies have me down. Right now I am so congested my sinus cavities would explode at 10 ft...

Anyone have pics? We missed watching the actual event but saw plenty of pumpkin guts around the pond afterwards :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom