Underwater gnome threat 'returns'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miketsp:
Was that supposed to be "psychological" pressure? :eyebrow:

I think *physiological* pressure is *PSI* :wink:
While there might be a psycological *pressure* associated with cold water (though in my experience here in the PNW it has more to do with cold and dark low viz water) I was thinking of something else.

Physiological pressure is stress on the organism itself.... physiology having to do with bodily structures and processes.

Physical pressure on the other hand is a force usually expressed in units acting over area... such as pounds per square inch (PSI.)

BTW.... TOM is not a gnome of death... at least I'm unware of any death he has been associated with.

Depending on the tide he is at roughly 115' though if one is following the bottom you would descend to 130' before rising back up to the sand ridge he sits on.

The first time we found him was at night and by accident... we had no idea he was there.

krick:
I saw that article and I want to make a gnome garden at the quarry where I dive, anobody know where to buy gnomes that are approprate for underwater use?
They are made of fibreglass or pottery - both fairly resistant, any good English-style garden centre would have them - not sure where that might be over here though. :wink:

Depending on where you live, you could just cruise the neighborhood at night and ... um, well, nevermind ... :eyebrow: ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Fred Meyer, JoAnn Fabrics, and Michael's crafts always seem to have a few...

Many areas seem to have gnome gardens. We had one but as with all things underwater - nature has virtually reclaim all the little critters. They are covered in zebra mussels and sinking into the mud.
Be forwarned that if you make one THERE WILL BE ONGOING MAINTENANCE.
Have fun, newbies think the gnomes are great

While I was serving in the army we had a solider that stole a gnome out of an elderly couple's yard one night. This chap took this gnome with him every where he went in uniform. On firing ranges, strip clubs, while assaulting an objective, into Saudi on our first combat tour, etc... And every where he went he took pictures of this gnome of him doing things. Basically every thing that we did as soldiers, this gnome would do as well. For 4 long years he carried this gnome and every one embraced the little guy including our leadership. For he was with us every where and you would never see the 2 separated.

Well as this guy was leaving the army he said he compiled all the pictures into a photo album with little descriptions with the pictures. He told us the couple still lived in that house where he disappeared from. So he was going to touch uP the paint and restore the gnome in the same condition as when he took him. And one night he was going to put the gnome and photo album back on their porch.

"Gnomes travels around the world" I think the title was or something.

puckvirus:
While I was serving in the army we had a solider that stole a gnome out of an elderly couple's yard one night. This chap took this gnome with him every where he went in uniform. On firing ranges, strip clubs, while assaulting an objective, into Saudi on our first combat tour, etc... And every where he went he took pictures of this gnome of him doing things. Basically every thing that we did as soldiers, this gnome would do as well. For 4 long years he carried this gnome and every one embraced the little guy including our leadership. For he was with us every where and you would never see the 2 separated.

Well as this guy was leaving the army he said he compiled all the pictures into a photo album with little descriptions with the pictures. He told us the couple still lived in that house where he disappeared from. So he was going to touch uP the paint and restore the gnome in the same condition as when he took him. And one night he was going to put the gnome and photo album back on their porch.

"Gnomes travels around the world" I think the title was or something.

Sounds like something I saw in a movie once ...

I used to work for a company that had a mascot ... a rubber chicken dressed up in a cape with the company logo, straw hat, and little red sneakers. Whenever an employee went someplace cool, they took the chicken and took pictures for the company bulletin board. I personally took the chicken to China, Indonesia, and Denali National Park. That stupid bird travelled the world. Unfortunately, I didn't dive back then and neither did any of the other employees, so the chicken never got to visit the underworld ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom