Underwater Disposable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aussie_shark_bait:
www.snapsights.com and ask for the contacts of the Canadian distributor alternatively you can purchase direct from their web shop.

I worked for the Australian distributor of these cameras when I lived in Cairns, so I have a little knowledge about them you can purchase a 28meter with flash or a non flash version, you can also get a 6 meter non flash snorkelling version. The cameras are reusable, any 35mm film can be reloaded into the camera, one guy in Byron Bay used the camera and housing over 40 times beofre he dropped it and cracked the housing.

Thanks for the quick response. I will give these folks a call (email).

G

Sorry if you are getting a second version of this. I am new to the genre. What does PM mean? I live in West Dalhousie.

G

I used snap-sights last year over in Hawaii and then reloaded and used diving the Yukon and Ruby-E in wreck alley out of San Diego - they did pretty good for a disposable. Then I got my 5050.
montyb

By the way, some of those "disposables" are actually reusable. I used one I bought in Florida several times. Once I took the paper off, I found a rewind lever, a battery compartment and a hatch for the film. I replaced the roll with the same ISO speed film and it worked fine. Well, it worked as well each successive time as the original time.

Wristshot

I just returned from a trip to the Red Sea. My big aluminum housing didn't make it the first day so I took my cheapie Snap Sights with me. While not as good as photos from a digital, you may be surprised how good the photos can turn out. I'll post some soon.

CanDive:
Hello all. Just joined the site and hope someone can help me.

Where do I find a disposable underwater camera that comes with an integral flash? I have found a specific one [H2O] but no local suppliers [Calgary].

Any suggestions?

G

For something like $20 + $15 in shipping I believe I purchased the Suprema Super Sport 35MM Camera with Flash, Depth Rated 125'.

LP sells this for $59, but you can find it on EBay all day long for MUCH less...

Here is one auction, and this seller runs these all day long. I think he has upped the shipping costs vs. when I purchased, but this camera will do MUCH better than the disposables, and costs about as much as two.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1300&item=7144274444&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom