Underwater Digital Photography Classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sue halbherr

Reaction score
Hello, Does anyone run, or know where I can get either one-on-one or a class/course in digital photography in underwater photography in the Newport News, VA area? Thank you

Lots-a-links…

Hello Sue,

it’s about time you surfaced here! :)

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. Please, do add a Profile Pic. If you’re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

For local info and/or (future) buddies, just follow the path or have fun along the way by clicking on any of the given links: ScubaBoard > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > North America > United States > Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders.:42:

For course info etc.: ScubaBoard > Scuba Diving Central > Underwater Photography. :camera:

Any other questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

This message brought to you by Sockpuppet Solutions Inc.

Sue - Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I can't help with the specific course but wanted to add a little information that might make looking for a course easier.

Not all instructors will adopt the new Digital Underwater Photography Course. The vast majority of instructors I know have been teaching digital UW Photography for years under the heading of simply UW Photography. So I would ask your instructor what exactly is in the course and forget what the title is.

Some instructors will not add another card to their collection for something they have been teaching already simply because the agency came out with a "new" course and now requires instructors apply. Many instructors have been using their own Distinctive Specialty Courses (approved by the agency) and/or been teaching digital as part of the main course as the main UW Photography course was built to be extremely flexible to meet the changing needs of each individual student.

So, in short :wink: - don't worry too much about the name of the class. Ask what concepts, what systems and what materials will be covered and used. Make sure that the instructor can meet your personal photography goals and not just recite something out of a book.

Have fun!!

Howdy and welcome to SB!

El Orans gave you all the good advice.

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:bandit_2: don

smiley-linie-013.gif

Welcome to the board. Doing a search in the above listed forums will give you a great started point.

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom