Underwater amusement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tsk tsk
when i was doing my internship, i brought with me underwater frisbee. how about that!

David P:
wow, I had to go through that harasment training. Two buddies exchanging a bolt with washers and nuts in a specific order while instructor and DMs remove masks, remove regulators, inflate BCs, shut off air, purge air from BC and disconect the inlator hose... it wasn't bad untill they gang up on ya.

what, next your going to tell me your BOW instructor wasn't an X frogman who made you swim a mile, most of it with 10 lbs of lead on your waist either?

...and to think I believed it was all just normal training...

My training was somewhat like that...

jimmys:
tsk tsk
when i was doing my internship, i brought with me underwater frisbee. how about that!

Hmmm... an underwater frisbee... wouldn't that be the same as a regular frisbee. Maybe I could buy some cheapo frisbees and mark up the price and earn a little $$ by putting an "underwater" tag on them! LOL:eyebrow:

Actually no, they don't have the lip and are a bit harder and made of rubber. (they fly like a rock on land) Kind of a cool toy to play with in the pool when we were doing out cert. classes!

I hung out with an OW class last summer, and while everyone was doing their skills, I was hanging out UNDER the platform watching the fish!

erparamedic:
Hmmm... an underwater frisbee... wouldn't that be the same as a regular frisbee. Maybe I could buy some cheapo frisbees and mark up the price and earn a little $$ by putting an "underwater" tag on them! LOL:eyebrow:

Can they work on other drills such as buoyancy? They might feel less cold if their minds were concentrating on doing other things, especially challenging skills at their level.

cleung:
Can they work on other drills such as buoyancy? They might feel less cold if their minds were concentrating on doing other things, especially challenging skills at their level.

There's a hole menu of tasks that could be done at the discussed depth skill wise.

Flooded mask drills
Buddy breathing (both ways)
Breathing control while watching others (this is a good one)
Hand signals (especially how to ask and answer "how much air do you have")
Bouyancy control by breathing only (already covered)

If using integrated weights, take a dummy weight belt w/ just a 2-3 lb. weight on it and practice weight belt removal and replacement.

Ditch and don is best left for the surface.

Pass a bowling ball around... :)

spectrum:
Have fewer students in the water at the same time and give them an engaging diving experience. Platform time is a time and gas killer, not diver development.

Pete

Depends on how you use the time if you get diver developement during platform time. If you get the required skills done then go for a tour and teach them to swim without their arms , develope buoyancy and such it can be productive.

Mike Veitch:
if anyone uses a Scubapro BCD... unclip the tank strap... :D thats entertainment!
hey I use a scubapro bc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom