Underwater amusement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoy playing with the toypedos in the pool. It didn't take too long to get bored simply throwing them back and forth so I started blowing air into the bottom of them while sitting on the bottom of the pool and shooting them out of the pool. Amazing how much air you can get with them.

Bubble rings are always fun too and the classes seem to enjoy them. Of course, I'm not a DM or Instructor obviously, I'm just a volunteer TA who loves the free air.

:p

Scott

rjpv:
For me, a 25ft platform is where I find myself if I go to the beach, gear up, swim out a couple hundred yards and descend :)

But I think they use them in quarries to provide artificial bottoms... which makes me wonder how deep these things actually are :11:

We have some quarries with a bottom depth at 12 feet.... then there are some that are 100+ feet. The deepest, closest quarry to me is ~60 feet deep. However... keep in mind the whole thing isn't that deep, only certain areas. Also... I'm pretty sure that they all have platforms, and at different depths. The platforms do come in quite handy for skills practice. It avoids newbies kicking up the silt and destroying the vis. We've even got platforms in 15 feet of water, when the bottom is only 20 feet.

Just a little explanation for you.

Trucker Girl and I are going diving today.... with an agenda. We are going to play UNO and Connect Four underwater. We've already done lots of bathtub research to see if things sink or float, and have planned accordingly. I've also got a camera. We'll post a trip report on the findings tonight. Pics will take a couple days so I can get them developed. This could be the answer to underwater boredom!

i say get everybody off their knees & hovering. demo your back kick. practice helicopter turns. demo frog, dolphin, modified flutter, shuffle kicks. see if anyone wants to try them. float through a hula-hoop nearby. see if anyone wants to try that.

show them the next steps in skills. you're not expecting them to perform, necessarily, but giving them good ideas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom