Undergarment recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finfin

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I just bought a Mobby Armor Shell Drysuit, and would appreciate peoples input on a decent undergarment for my suit.
Im not planning any ice diving, at least not for a while, so I really need something for the Carolinas, for all year round.
I like too dive wet suit in the summer, but have no Idea of the temp swing in the fall and spring.
Is there a middle of the road undergarment? , or do you need different thinknesses for all different tempratures?
who makes a decent , non bulky, good one.
roughly what are the price ranges for the different types.
What is thinsulate like.
and is that common too most undergarments?
Is there a good link too undergarment heaven?
What should I look out for, and what should I steer clear of?
I really do appreciate your time, and hope I may repay a favor some time.
Im a newbie Drysuiter, so I need all the help I can get. Thanks

What did your lds recommend? They should have been able to give you some recommendations based on the diving you plan to do. There are many aftermarket undergarments. One of my buddies uses fleece from dick's. My os systems suit came with 2 sets of undergarments. So I've not looked at other stuff except underarmour heat gear to go under the ligh fleece in really cold water(32-38 degrees). Check with your supplier and with mobby they should have info.

I use sweats. For colder waters, I layer the sweats.

For me, I use DUI FLX50/50 with Mobby's Comfort Shell (in other words, it's thinsulate, 400 grams) - perfect for around 40 degrees F so far. Haven't been diving lower than 40 degree F yet.

Thinsulate is much better than fleece or any other options out there. If you use fleece or whatever, you will get colder if you sweat or somehow got wet. Thinsulate will not get you cold if you sweat or got wet anyhow. Cons - thinsulate is usually most expensive.

Good luck!

AndyNZ..... you keep referring to their website.... but what the hay are you talking about? They have several undergarments.

Check out the OS Systems MS stretch fleece. It is amazing. It fits like a second skin and is EXTREMELY flexible. Go with the double layer jumpsuit. You won't be dissapointed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom