Undergarment base layer, what kind?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I dont have access to a dive shop that stocks undergarments nor do I know one that is unbiased so I have come here for advice. As I prepare to drop $3k on a drysuit and accessories I have only a few things left to sort out and one of them is what warm water/base layer undergarments to get.

I'm going with a fusion suit an tech skin. I live in minnesota and dive under the ice. I will be doing dry diving in mexico too. diving ranges from entry tech/cave/single tank/double tank/SAR/etc. I have to be modular with this thats why I plan to get both the mk2 and mk3 undergarments from whites. I also planned to pick up the mk1 for use in warmer climates or in combo with the other undies but now the mk1 appears to be without sleeves and comes in a jumpsuit format.

Sleeves are a must for me so I started looking at the DUI undies. All the dive buddies dive DUI undergarments and they all have variations of what appears to be a polar fleece 1 piece jump suit that they use when its hot out or with other undies when its really cold. These guys all appear to have the same undergarments but some are blue and some black and I'm not sure which model. I thought maybe they are the kind scubatoys is selling which dui calls the stretch liner 100 jumpsuit. Since I cant see or touch this jumpsuit I have no idea how it compares to the mk1 which I have also never seen or touched in person but price wise they seem pretty close. I have examined the mk2's though so maybe someone can help fill in the gap for me.

What temp are these good for by themselves? What do you recommend for foot insulation (DUI, Whites, model name)?

For the really cold stuff and longer dives I am gonna run with heated gloves and socks from gerbing and utilizing argon/stargon/stargold whenever possible but I hate being cold so I want to make sure I am set for all possible diving conditions and figure having a variety of undergarments will aid in this.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom