Unable to register D1 hybrid purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought the D1 hybrid on Friday. I'm sitting here with the registration card...and...there is no place on the Waterproof website to register my purchase!

What a bummer! No problem, I'll figure out something.

Can someone please send me the registration link? There was none that I could find.

Thanks.​

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two pieces of information in the box, one says to go to Waterproof's USA website to register, the other says to go to the European website to register. Hmm....well I tried both and neither of them even has a page that matches the URL!

I did find a DIFFERENT URL on the EU website that does take you to screen where you can become a member, but now I don't know if that's the right thing to do, since I'm in the US and the warranty registration card in the box says to go to the USA site to register my suit.

I called the USA Waterproof number provided on the US website, and they answered with "Thanks for calling Tusa..."

HI Mike-
Congrats on your D1! The USA online registration is not active at this time, so that is the reason you are unable to find it on our US site. You can register your suit on the European site here: Waterproof
In either case, it is not vital that you register your suit, keep your original sales receipt (or copy) in case of any future need. Enjoy your D1.

Hey, thanks! My next task is to install a pee valve. Can you offer any information on that? One big question is can I put a hole through the 3D mesh liner without messing it up? My mind sees ten thousand little nylon springs all becoming disconnected.... LOL

Would something bad like that happen?

HI Mike-
A reputable drysuit repair facility should be able to install a pee valve without issue. We recommend that they use a hot knife to cut a small area in the liner for the valve tube, or burn the edges of the cutout so that the nylon doesn't fray. Please note that modifications to drysuits are not covered under standard warranty and are the responsibility of the installation facility and/or the user if issues arise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom