Unable to Enter PC Mode on Pro Plus 2.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the response from the Oceanic team. While my problem isn't resolved yet since I found out that I had the wrong cable for what I thought was PP2 but really is the PP2.1, I am awaiting the right cable. A simple thing to correct that in the future would be to put a sticker on the manual and everywhere else that is obvious identifying the PP2 version number. As it turned out, the only place I could find the version number was on the box that I almost threw out. Nevertheless, I am feeling so much better about the company because it responded! It is really so simple to please customers--or at least those who are just trying to get the equipment to work as advertised.

Was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the response from the Oceanic team. While my problem isn't resolved yet since I found out that I had the wrong cable for what I thought was PP2 but really is the PP2.1, I am awaiting the right cable. A simple thing to correct that in the future would be to put a sticker on the manual and everywhere else that is obvious identifying the PP2 version number. As it turned out, the only place I could find the version number was on the box that I almost threw out. Nevertheless, I am feeling so much better about the company because it responded! It is really so simple to please customers--or at least those who are just trying to get the equipment to work as advertised.

Interesting to know. But - after all this would you buy that unit again? The reason that I ask is that I am going to look at the PP2 tomorrow. Thanks!

very complicated to download the dive log and hard to find the usb, not sure why it cost soo much and can't be included in what you pay for the thing. I ended up having to pay right at 300 bucks on top of shipping (90USD) to have it and some 7mm boots "imported" to Brazil via UPS.

Last edited:
very complicated to download the dive log and hard to find the usb, not sure why it cost soo much and can't be included in what you pay for the thing. I ended up having to pay right at 300 bucks on top of shipping (90USD) to have it and some 7mm boots "imported" to Brazil via UPS.

It does come all together you just have to order the right part number,

PRO PACK with USB Cable, Quick Disconnect and Compass 04.1064.07

Hi, I finally got my Ocean PP2 to work. No where in the manual did it note that my PP2 was a PP2.1 except on the box. However, Oceanic marketing manager and the tech person got back to me very promptly. I got the right cable and was able to download my dives into my MacBook. You have to hold on to the contacts where you connect cable to the PP2.1. The connection is not a good one and you really have to hold it down. Good luck.

Yes, especially now that I can download the dive data and use it with my MacDive program from Nick Shore. It's pretty simple to use and much more sophisticated than the U.S. Diver computers we've had for over 15 years.

PDC does not go into PC mode when you press the buttons per the instructions.
When I attach the cable, it goes into PC mode and counts down.
OceanLog program reports as follows:

1. USB Interface found
2. Starting handshake
3. Time out

At which time, OceanLog exits PC interface screen and returns to main data entry screen.
Using Dell with Windows 7 Premium.

Attempted to email tech support from the Oceanic web site and the email interface does not work.

Can you assist?

I got the same "time out" message. A different Scubaboard thread had the solution. The PDC plug on the USB cable connector (Part # 04.9606) for the ProPlus 2.2.1 can connect either having the rounded side up or down (very poor design!!). The right way is to have the rounded side facing up (with the ProPlus screen also facing up). I had the flat side up and got the time out message. When I put the plug in the right way the download worked fine. As said above, the ProPlus 2.2.1 goes immediately into PC countdown so no need to go through the Set 1 routine (which just goes back to surface mode on the 4th click). If you do not get the PC countdown, remove and reinsert the cable to the ProPlus 2.2.1 and it should begin another count down.

Back
Top Bottom