Unable to Enter PC Mode on Pro Plus 2.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys, I finally got my cable for my computer but I realized I can't get my computer into PC download mode!

I turned it on and held the two buttons until set 1, then I hit the left button and cycle through the screens FO2, max depth, edt, and then instead of going to PC Download, it goes back the main screen.

Any ideas?

I was told that the 2.1 will go into PC mode automatically when plugged into PC. I just got one but haven't ordered the cable yet. I have the old cable but it doesn't work with the 2.1.

Hmm, then I have a diffrent problem as it definitely is not entering PC mode.

I launch OceanLog, plug the cable into the computer, then into the Pro Plus, and try to load the data and it complains it is unable to talk to the device.

Doug, is what Megalomegalodon says correct? The old cable does not work with 2.1? I have seen no differentiation on the internet about the cable not working with 2.1 but working with 2.0. Can you please clarify?

Also, another question, is there an orientation to the connection? I can plug the cable into the PDC upside down or right side up. Does it matter? I've tried both ways and it doesnt work.

I just called Oceanic and indeed it is a different cable. Part number is 04.9606.

The 2.1 will enter automatically when the cable is attached. The original Pro Plus 2 must enter PC mode - following Set 1 and Set 2.
Hi Doug,

We recently used our PP2 for the first time in Polynesia and loved the display, etc. However, I think more work needs to be done with the manual as I am having the most difficult time just getting to the PC Mode! Moreover, the connector from Oceanic appropriate for my PP2 fits very poorly and makes me nervous when it just falls off if I even stare at it long enough--LOL. Anyway, I've spent at least two and a half hours talking to the Mac Dive developer, who has been a gem, and checking dive forums about my difficulties making the download work. In general, your manual is good in places and totally not checked for mistakes (which compounds frustrations) on page 76 that refers to another page which is unrelated to the figure reference. There are other mistakes but I must say, this is not very encouraging having switched from a U.S. Diver computer I've used for close to 15 years.

We have tried to follow directions on page 30 of the manual for pp2 (not pp2.1) and I am using the Oceanic part 009230 - 04.9600. We get the same response on our PP2 as another person on ScubaBoard:

I turned it on and held the two buttons until set 1, then I hit the left button and cycle through the screens FO2, max depth, edt, and then instead of going to PC Download, it goes back the main screen.

It would really help sell more Oceanic computers if your customers get more support!

Push and hold both buttons – it will scroll from Set 1 to Set 2 to PC – about six seconds to get there. I understand the issue with the USB cable connection – I’ve found it works best if you access PC then attach the cable with the computer (PP2) upside down – bizarre, I know… but it works.

We’ve got an online class available for the Pro Plus 2 - Dive Computer Training

If you register your products on our web site, you’ll get a free activation code via email.

Enjoy them – let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

We generally like our Pro Plus 2 computers, but the the connector plug (not really a plug) on the way overpriced PC cable is such a bad fit that I finally gave up trying to use it. A total piece of junk. I hope you have greater success than I did.

Back
Top Bottom