Um... Is That A Technology Solution To A Skills Based Problem I See?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I watched a kid get ticket for haulin it in a no wake zone here at one of our local lakes by the county sheriff lake patrol. As soon as the sheriff let him go he sped off full blast still in the 5 mph zone, so the sheriff chased him down again. They did a field sobriety test this time and found the kid to be DUI, and under age.

They deserve a good a**-kicking for gross incompetence. IME the real cops ask for that card with your DOB on it and "have you been drinking" right after good evening sir.

Better yet would be suspending a rope approx 3-4 feet above the surface so when one of these yahoos comes along they get it right in the chest and are thrown off.

I know of a much more effective device along these lines but they'll have to kill the post if I told you.

I literally just don't understand how he crashed that...I mean dude - you see the other jetski and you drive right into it. WHY!?!?!??!!?!!! - I vote for a jetski license, kind of like OW for renting and filling tanks.
hes was watching bikini clad girl

Jet ski is dangerous. Amatures just don't drive them enough to know how to control them. Just like boats, there is no brake. If you fast enough, which is true for most jet ski idiots, you can't stop. You need to avoid driving it into something by maneuvering, to do that, you need to give more gas and steer properly. It is counter intuitive compared to driving a car. Yes, definitely need some kind of law to control who can drive jet ski

Neilwood said:
Better yet would be suspending a rope approx 3-4 feet above the surface so when one of these yahoos comes along they get it right in the chest and are thrown off.
I know of a much more effective device along these lines but they'll have to kill the post if I told you.

A good friend of mine came up with a similar solution when young atv riders knocked down his stone wall, and started cutting across his property.

A good solution, on paper, but the results were far more violent than he anticipated! He figured he damn nearly killed the kid, the "unseating" was so violent!

While it did solve the problem, by scaring everyone involved, the kids survived, he was not reported and arrested, any he and the kids resolved their dispute in a mutually satisfying manner.

My friend realized he was extremely lucky that his first solution didn't result in severe injury on the kids' parts, and a criminal record on his.

A good friend of mine came up with a similar solution when young atv riders knocked down his stone wall, and started cutting across his property.

A good solution, on paper, but the results were far more violent than he anticipated! He figured he damn nearly killed the kid, the "unseating" was so violent!

While it did solve the problem, by scaring everyone involved, the kids survived, he was not reported and arrested, any he and the kids resolved their dispute in a mutually satisfying manner.

My friend realized he was extremely lucky that his first solution didn't result in severe injury on the kids' parts, and a criminal record on his.

We had an incident with a cable across a trail and a dirt bike. The boy died, the perp went to prison. The incident still comes up in conversations 30 years later and the family never recovered from the tragedy. If no one died, everyone was incredibly lucky. and no one getting arrested may or may not be...

We had an incident with a cable across a trail and a dirt bike. The boy died, the perp went to prison. The incident still comes up in conversations 30 years later and the family never recovered from the tragedy. If no one died, everyone was incredibly lucky. and no one getting arrested may or may not be...

Luckily my friend used a rope, and only anchored one end. He was holding the other end, and pulled it tight just as the atv arrived. It still was a pretty scary incident for everyone.

I once misjudged a driveway into a restaurant on my Harly, turning into the driveway of a garage next door. I spotted the steel cable between the laws a split second before hitting it, and laid the bike down.
That 3/8" cable actually stretched on the impact, and then dragged the motorcycle back through the gravel after it stopped me. I was very lucky.

What is this machine? It looks like a death sentence. I think I'll stick to the caves - much safer. I can only imagine what it's like to have an engine malfunction and sink into the abyss riding one of these...
funny-scuba-diving-pictures.jpg
Just keep a Spare Air with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom