Ultramar Ferry suspended for exceeding capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there reason other than collusion why Winjet couldn't just start running every day irrespective of what Ultramar does?

That's what I was talkin about. If Winjet ran every day, they would take half of ultramar's business on days they both ran and have all the business on days ultramar didn't run. Ultramar would have no choice but to respond or lose significant market share. Maybe their response would be to run every day and compete, or play dirty behind the scenes to sabotage winjet. Maybe it's fear of the latter that would deter winjet from unilaterally running every day?

Reactions: BRT
Lol..you guys are trying to make sense of the senseless....peeps, this is Mexico:wink:

Lol..you guys are trying to make sense of the senseless....peeps, this is Mexico:wink:
They are also making the assumption about one company being good and another bad. The absence of negative press does not necessarily equal innocence—may just indicate more influence over press and politicians. I don’t have any info on this situation , just that Winjet’s parent company is controlled by a prominent local family. The parent has been operating that route for decades longer than ultramar—not exactly a new startup looking to shake things up.

The ferry in the picture is named Xel-Ha. I guess they aren't superstitious. :D

There is a new one starting for the Cancun to Isla Mujares route. I personally want to thank both Ultramar and Winjet for the covid i received.
Has that been officially announced?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom