Ultralight GoPro Tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlvrDragon50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone use the ultralight GoPro Tray? I can't decide between the ULCS and the SRP.

The ULCS definitely has a lot more customization to it, and I'd be able to adapt it to other camera setups somewhat, but I have no clue how to use the ball mounts, and it may end up costing more than the SRP.

You must be talking about the ulcs double tray as the single is too short to use with anything except a gopro. The srp has a lot of versatility; you can mount multiple cameras, move the handles around at any time, and even use it as a tripod (well, bi-pod).

I personally prefer the ulcs because the delta wing form of the srp did not appeal to me.

A little aluminum bar stock, hack saw, drill, tap:

New-holes.jpg

October-2012-setup.jpg

Unfortunately.. I don't have the tools to do that :/ I figure once I spend all the money on the tools I'll be close to an actual tray cost.

I think I'll be getting an SRP tray. I'm hoping they might do some sort of Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. Probably not.. but I can hope!

I like the weight of the SRP tray... IMO the added weight helps me steady my shots.
Here's a little trunkfish shot with the GoPro HD on the SRP tray

[video=facebook;10151213345564225]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151213345564225&set=vb.611034224&typ e=3&theater[/video]

Unfortunately.. I don't have the tools to do that :/ I figure once I spend all the money on the tools I'll be close to an actual tray cost.

True, but then you'll have a tray and the tools too. (and the knowledge/experience of making it)

At first, every DIY project is an excuse to buy tools. After a few years a project comes up and you just head out to the garage and do it. Eventually, you end up replacing tools 'cause they break or you forget where you put 'em. There's no end.
04.gif

every DIY project is an excuse to buy tools. There's no end.
04.gif

Just like scuba gear, you can never have too many tools :wink:

---------- Post Merged at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:16 PM ----------

A little aluminum bar stock, hack saw, drill, tap:

New-holes.jpg

October-2012-setup.jpg

3D Diver, Do you have plans for the light support posts and/or the light mounts? Right now I'm using 2 interlocked hose clamps and would like something a little more polished.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom