Ultra sonic cleaner w/out heat feature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Up until now I've been using a shop cleaner that has a heater. I'm getting ready to buy my own and was wondering if anyone is using one without heat and notices a difference in cleaning time or quality? Some good deals if I'm willing to forego the feature. Any feedback appreciated.

Up until now I've been using a shop cleaner that has a heater. I'm getting ready to buy my own and was wondering if anyone is using one without heat and notices a difference in cleaning time or quality? Some good deals if I'm willing to forego the feature. Any feedback appreciated.

The only heat feature I have ever used is the temp of the solution I add. I usually only soak parts for a couple minutes. Even with quite a small cleaner where I often do a reg in a couple batches, it seems to stay warm enough. I also run the parts through a very hot final rinse out ot the detergent bath so that probably helps.

I have been using an older version of this one..- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices It seems to do fine without heat but it appears the new version has heat as well. It's not comercial grade but does a nice job for me. It's big enough to get the cans of double hose regs in so room is not a problem.

I just bought one of those Harbor Freight cleaners as well. I have not used it yet (probably in the next week or so) but it looks nice to me...

Phil

Another vote for Harbor Freight. Mine's the older version, too. The new one looks nice. The one thing the older Harbor Freight units didn't have was a wire basket. I had to jury rig my own but it wasn't a big deal.

The one we had in the shop I worked for didn't have heat and, as mentioned above, you can use hot water if you get a unit without water heating.

Got one with heat from ebay. It'll be here Monday according to UPS tracking. Thanks guys. Now to see if one of the shop's I deal with will sell me a bit of Blue Gold.

My cheap Harbor Freight non-heated USC works just great.

I got a good very deal on an Inspo CCR recently, and one of the reasons was that every inch of metal was salt water green corroded (hose ends, valves, regs, manifolds, etc). I used my cheap USC and vinegar and (infrequently) some brushes and it cleaned up like new! :D Then Simple Green for O2, and done.

I do use hot water when deluding because I think it helps break down the grease.

I used my Harbor Freight cleaner yesterday... Worked great and was big enough to fit a whole manifold in... I was not sure if it would fit or not....

Phil

Now to see if one of the shop's I deal with will sell me a bit of Blue Gold.

I have always used Simple Green and water.

i use a ulra sonic every day and i can tell you from exsperiance if you run it for around 3 hours it will get hot. i do jewelry repair and like i said use it daily, i will tell you if you want to know were the hot spots are (places that will clean better) put you a crip sheet of aluminum foil in it that covers the whole surface area and let it float on the top and run it for about 3 to 5 min. and pull it out and hold it up to a light and see were all the little wholes are. were ever the holes are that will be your best cleaning areas, i know i use a 3 quart model and it does a great job on jewelry. what are yall cleaning with it.

Back
Top Bottom