Ultra sonic cleaner w/out heat feature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The heat is good if you use your cleaner on and off through out the day.

But if you fill it with hot water, and keep the ultrasonic going, the action of the ultrasonic will keep the media hot with no heater.

i use a ulra sonic every day and i can tell you from exsperiance if you run it for around 3 hours it will get hot. i do jewelry repair and like i said use it daily, i will tell you if you want to know were the hot spots are (places that will clean better) put you a crip sheet of aluminum foil in it that covers the whole surface area and let it float on the top and run it for about 3 to 5 min. and pull it out and hold it up to a light and see were all the little wholes are. were ever the holes are that will be your best cleaning areas, i know i use a 3 quart model and it does a great job on jewelry. what are yall cleaning with it.

Thanks for the tip. Using it to clean regulators, valves, manifolds, etc. I may do my wife's rings if she is very nice to me:eyebrow:.

If you live near a golf course put a sign out in front of your house "Ultrasonic club head cleaning"

But if you fill it with hot water, and keep the ultrasonic going, the action of the ultrasonic will keep the media hot with no heater.

Really? I can't get my mind around the physics of that. Is it the vibrating friction that causes the heat generation? I will have to experiment with that...

Back
Top Bottom