Ultimate SCUBA Boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want a Hatteras. A nice 50' or so. Aside from that, we use a 26' Grady White or a 20 something foot RHIB. We used RHIB's exclusively in Alaska and they are as tough as they come for close stuff. I guess the ultimate would be a 50' Hatteras with a pair of RHIB's.

What about a simple no frills rigid hull zodiac that will hold your gear and a few diving buds. Easy to tow, easy to repair, and easy to launch. Not high tech but I don't want to go 20-30 miles offshore. Any longer trips and I'll just take a commercial dive boat.

Let me see.

On deck deco chamber, dry bell on A-frame launched through moon pool. Dynamic positioning system able to maintain position to better than 1 meter in any sea state you will be doing underwater operations in.
Onboard compressors for air, O2 and He, with ability to fill tanks or surface supply any desired gas.
Inspection and work class ROVs.
Range greater than 4000 miles.
Gormet chef.

Enough money to hire a pro crew to operate and maintain all the toys.

Hmm, now where is that lotto ticket with the winning numbers?????

Back
Top Bottom