Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thoughts on th wp D7x would be appreciated.

Sure!
I don't have too much to compare it against as I've only had experience with ill fitting rental drysuits in the past, I have large feet for my length so I always ended up getting a drysuit that was made for someone a bit taller than me or my feet wouldn't fit, so my typical experience was poor fit and almost always leaks.
Now this suit however.... I LOVE IT!!
I ordered it without having seen it, not even on a picture, I was assured the sizing would be roughly the same as their other suits so we sized me up in another size medium which was absolutely perfect, WP swapped the boots out for a bigger size and I ended up with a perfect fitting suit! :thumb:
The material feels very strong but is still very flexible, does not hinder movements in any way (at least not for me).
I love how easy it is to change neck/wrist seals, I could easily do it out on a boat or at the local quarry in a couple minutes.
Not that this point really matters, but it looks good too! :p
The only negative thing I can say about it is the price, I got mine at 18200SEK (€1765/$2010) including boot swap, still cheaper than where it ended up in stores here but it is still a lot of money for a suit.
I'll get back to you in about a year when I've abused it some more, but I can't imagine feeling anything other than pure love for this suit.

So tragedy struck a little bit tonight...
Was adjusting the position of the gloves on the rings and afterwards when I was mounting the "decorative" rings back I managed to break one of them.
Honestly didn't stretch it much but whats done is done, it got tossed in the bin and now I only have 1 spare left.
Gonna contact WP about some spares, wouldn't mind another set of "glove-side of the system" rings either if possible.

lJbCR4u.jpg

There is a Norwegian shop that sells the glove side rings. Dive Rite In Scuba will sell them but at almost the price of the entire system.

I ordered a few extra pairs of "cosmetic" rings from Dive Right In Scuba. They were about $10 a pair. I think I paid less than $40 with shipping for three pair.

They did take a while, though... I assume it's not something that DRIS normally stocks.

As promised, y'all:

There is a Norwegian shop that sells the glove side rings. Dive Rite In Scuba will sell them but at almost the price of the entire system.
Awesome find!!
I live in Sweden so shipping wouldn't be bad either, they also have the cosmetic rings I broke and they're only 18NOK which is about $2.
I'm going to check with WP first though, they're only about an hour drive away from me, maybe I could order some spares through my LDS.

I ordered a few extra pairs of "cosmetic" rings from Dive Right In Scuba. They were about $10 a pair. I think I paid less than $40 with shipping for three pair.

They did take a while, though... I assume it's not something that DRIS normally stocks.
As I live in Sweden I'll probably never order anything from the US due to the added shipping and import taxes etc, but if DRIS and that Norwegian shop sell spares I'm assuming it's possible to get a hold of them some way, gonna have to check with my LDS next time I'm there :)

Awesome video!!
Definitely the best one I've seen yet for installing them, your technique is very similar to what I ended up doing, worked like a charm :cool:

Awesome video!!
Definitely the best one I've seen yet for installing them, your technique is very similar to what I ended up doing, worked like a charm :cool:

Thank you brother! :)

I kinda wish I'd just done the glove installation about five times for a minute or two and posted that instead. There's some leeway in how it's done - the trick is to hold the ring down against a table with your thumb and forefinger holding the glove on each side of the ring... From there, use the other hand to walk the rest of the glove over the top of the ring. Sometimes I do it just by pulling (like I did in the video) and sometimes I do it on one side and then the other, each time walking my thumb and forefinger up each side of the ring as I make progress.

The end result is the same - eventually, the whole glove is on. Sometimes it's on straighter than others - but whether it is or not, I just walk the glove into place using my fingers until it's in the right spot. A clean, slippery black o-ring helps a lot.

Awesome find!!
I live in Sweden so shipping wouldn't be bad either, they also have the cosmetic rings I broke and they're only 18NOK which is about $2.
I'm going to check with WP first though, they're only about an hour drive away from me, maybe I could order some spares through my LDS.

As I live in Sweden I'll probably never order anything from the US due to the added shipping and import taxes etc, but if DRIS and that Norwegian shop sell spares I'm assuming it's possible to get a hold of them some way, gonna have to check with my LDS next time I'm there :)

Awesome video!!

Could you tell me if the listing on the norwegian site is for 1 glove ring or for 2? At just over 41 euros this may be a good deal if it is for 2.

Thanks,
-Z

For those in the US that need/want parts, you can purchase them and send them to my house address here in Europe and I can then forward them to you via USPS as I have access to a USPS APO facility. This would significantly cut down on shipping for you guys.

PM for to coordinate further.

-Zef

Thank you brother! :)

I kinda wish I'd just done the glove installation about five times for a minute or two and posted that instead. There's some leeway in how it's done - the trick is to hold the ring down against a table with your thumb and forefinger holding the glove on each side of the ring... From there, use the other hand to walk the rest of the glove over the top of the ring. Sometimes I do it just by pulling (like I did in the video) and sometimes I do it on one side and then the other, each time walking my thumb and forefinger up each side of the ring as I make progress.

The end result is the same - eventually, the whole glove is on. Sometimes it's on straighter than others - but whether it is or not, I just walk the glove into place using my fingers until it's in the right spot. A clean, slippery black o-ring helps a lot.

I hold the ring down with my foot rather than my fingers, this gives you the advantage of having 10 fingers for wrestling the gloves in place.
Although judging from your video you didn't struggle more than I did so there's definitely more ways than one for getting them on smoothly :)

Could you tell me if the listing on the norwegian site is for 1 glove ring or for 2? At just over 41 euros this may be a good deal if it is for 2.

Thanks,
-Z

Honestly I can not read anything that suggests either way, I would guess the price is for just 1 glove ring though.
Also, 320NOK is €32.94 atm, not 41 :wink:
The shipping options are only for the following countries:
Norway
Denmark
Sweden
Finland
Germany
Ireland
UK
US

And here comes the chorus....
THE SHIPPING FOR ONE GOD DAMN GLOVE RING TO SWEDEN IS 632NOK TO 800NOK, THAT'S €70-€82 JUST FOR SHIPPING, WHAT :rant:

I'm slightly mad at the moment :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom