ULCS arms & clamps, ok to "carry on" ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muzikbiz22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Greeting's ALL,

I usually put the "hardware" elements of my camera rig (Ultralight Arms & clamps, tray, etc.) in my checked baggage, but am probably forced to carry on this time around, (this weekend) to spread some weight around. Has anyone ever had issues with taking your strobe arms through TSA or checkpoint ? They're metal, and wasn't sure if these fall into the same category as tools, nail clippers, potential "weapon", etc.

Thanks in advance for your input. See you November folks this Monday :)

Just flew in to Mexico from DC last week with Camera, Housing, Ultralight Clamps and arms all in carry on. The only thing they got a bit concerned about was the housing, they took it out and put it in a separate tray.

Didn't even bat an eye at the arms and clamps.

Do it all the time, plus the camera, housing, strobes, and cables.

Thanks everyone ! I figured as much. Just wanted some re-affirmation, especially with the always ever-changing landscape of security & international travel.

Thanks everyone ! I figured as much. Just wanted some re-affirmation, especially with the always ever-changing landscape of security & international travel.
We carry them on too, arms, clamps, trays... never an issue.

never had any issues with camera gear just my regs last Saturday.

After all of the snow globe problems, I keep dreading some TSA agent giving me grief about liquid in my compass. Not the first time: Snow Globe Causes Airport Evacuation

101031_snow_globe.jpg

If you look at this link under tools they seem to have a issue with anything over seven inches long:
TSA: Prohibited Items

I've carried my rig, as a carry on, all over the place and never had a problem.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom