UK Sunaqua eled?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcbryan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anyone used this light? Supposedly it's twice as bright as the Light Cannon...420 vs 840 lumens or something like that.

Just curious.

One of my dive buddies had one and I was very impressed. Twice as bright as a Light Cannon sounds about right. It would be on the top of my list if I was looking for a really bright non-canister light. It should also be much more durable than a Light Cannon and probably with a longer battery life.

David

One of my dive buddies had one and I was very impressed. Twice as bright as a Light Cannon sounds about right. It would be on the top of my list if I was looking for a really bright non-canister light. It should also be much more durable than a Light Cannon and probably with a longer battery life.

David

It should be more durable I agree. Regarding battery life it is rechargeable only and it is spec'd to have the same 2 hour life between recharges that the Light Cannon rechargeable version has.

I guess led's use less power but when you get to the 800 lumen area using 2 led's it still takes more power then non-rechargeable batteries can provide (according to UK).

Thanks for the feedback.

Its rediculously bright. Someone I know is using it (with an edited diffuser from the light cannon) as a video light and it works awesome

I have one, it is VERY bright. I have not gotten it in the water yet but all charged up and turn it on look out :) When comparing it to my princeton LED the Aqua sun blows it away, they say in the water it gets even brighter due to the cooling effect on the LEDs.

now for the funny part.. Its for sale, I am going to get a canister light so if anybody is looking to purchase one I have a brand new unit I'll sell. If you look in my forsale add you will see a comparison photo between this light and the Princeton Tec Shockwave LED.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...uasun-eled-rechargeable-sale.html#post4776121

Last edited:
But over $300.00?
That's a bit tough to swallow.
I'll wait til my Cree, ssc-P7 arrives and see how that does.
At $81.00 for 900 lumen handheld, you cat go wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom