UK light cannon 100 HID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get the Darkbuster 24watt HID - same price, better features, (a little higher, actually on Scubatoys), but at 1750 lumens, its over 4 times brighter, and I hear it has a more robust bulb (mine is still good).

What's that do for the battery life? I only get two dives (3 hours) on my disposable batteries as it is. I really do need to invest in the rechargeable.

What's that do for the battery life? I only get two dives (3 hours) on my disposable batteries as it is. I really do need to invest in the rechargeable.

Three hour burn time - internal Lithium Ion with charge port. I recharge in an afternoon or overnight, and I'm good for two dives with the light full on. Great video light too. Bright enough for some stills as well, which is why I haven't invested in a thousand dollar strobe for my camera.

The Cree sounds awefully nice though @ 900 lumens for under 100 bucks.

Last edited:

The rechargeable battery pack last for 2 hours with a 10 watt HID...who knows if the LC design will even work with the 24 watt bulb.

Why not get one of these?

DealExtreme: $81.00 Diving Cree SSC-P7-C-SXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Flashlight Kit (2*18650/4*CR123A/4*16340)

Getting awefully good reviews both here and at yorkshiredivers.com. Rechargable and it sure will be a heck of a lot easier to travel with. Mine is on order, but it doesn't look like it will be here before I go to Grand Cayman... :(

Bob

Damn, I've spent more on batteries for my light cannon then the total cost of that light. I really dont want to be buying replacement gear for stuff that I already have that still works, but I think I need to pick up one of these bad boys.

I believe replacement light cannon bulbs can be had for somewhere around $67. Depending on which model you have, it could be a BrightStar bulb, or it could be Welch-Allyn... I believe they've used both at various times.

Check the UK website under replacement parts, and check with BrightGuy to see how their prices compare. Dig around for cheaper sources once you have the part numbers... I know I've seen them cheaper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom