UK - HID Lite Cannon As Video Lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used both before. Unless you opt for the higher end ones and allow frequent change of batteries video light is the thing as the name "video light" already spells the difference.

However, with some limited budget; unsure if you are going to do long or far with U/W video,I suggest you go for the light cannon. Reason is simple, 8C batteries! you can discard them at any time lessen your travelling load. Especially with those rechargeable AA batteries that comes with the Adaptor for C batteries. They worked wonderfully. special filters for the light cannon to cut the hotspot? Cost you about less than USD20 for a pair and usually sold together as a set in the box.

Both give superb results. Cheaper versions of the videolights are generally a little "amber" or "yellow". Light canon are the economical version of HId system. Not all videolights have the flexibility to fix onto other makes of housing. With appropriate arm set, light canon does.

Some dives even at low light, with appropriate filters or manual white balance, you may not necessary need any lighting at all.

I have listed some of the comparsion that you can consider :-

1) Budget
2) Durability
3) Versatility
4) Weight
5) Maintainability
6) Type and depth of dives
7) Will you do videography for long?
8) How about LED lights that are cheaper than both of the options; hint use the same diffuser (filter) as the light canon. You get the same results !

Hope these helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom