UK, Divers singles night.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudBud

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
thanks for taking an interest in this thread. I am looking into the possibility of putting together a UK divers singles night, possibly a regular event around the counrty. I have been diving for five years, i presently live in NW London and have attended the dive shows in Earls Court and at the NEC. I know that the dive industry is growing worldwide and that with cheaper travel more people are venturing out on holidays to do something a little different than just sitting in the sun. The popularity of the dive shows in the UK are proof of the growing interest.
I have not participated in any diving in the UK (too bloody cold for me!) as a result i have found it hard to meet freinds in the UK with the same interests in diving as i have. I know there are plenty of you out there! So i thought i would see if there is much interest in putting together this event. Possibly a hotel with a function room, so people can travel, have a drink and stay over night. Discuss diving to their hearts content. Meet people with the same interest.
I would appreciate it if you are interested in letting me know, any ideas for the event would be most welcome.
Thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

I know i am only young, but never the less, i would absolutely love to meet up and ("listen" more than discuss for me) talk about general SCUBA, if not at this age either when i can drive, or a friend near by with the same interests who can drive.

An idea of this could be, stay over at a hotel like you said, close ish to a dive site, and the next morning all take a trip to it - with it being close by

Back
Top Bottom