UK diver needs help on finding "unusual" O'Neill or Bare wetsuit size!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whitenoise

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone!

Bit of a long shot this, but thought I would give it a try! I'm based in the UK and I'm finding it difficult to get a decent size wetsuit. The issue is that I am 6 foot 2/3 inches tall with only a 37 inch chest. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is trying to find a wetsuit brand that has this as a stock size. Looked at a made-to-measure option but its no-where near as good. Thought I'd ask here being both makes come from North America.

I managed to find O'Neill (Sector 5mm) who do a Small Tall (ST) size that looks promising, and Bare (Elasktek 5mm) who do a Medium Tall (MT) size that also looks promising. Clearly someone up there doesn't like me, since I've been informed that O'Neill recently don't do the ST size any more, and that the UK distributor for Bare (Sea & Sea) won't get in the Bare MT for me to try as its "an unpopular size" - Medium Tall - your joking right?! They will order it in especially, but if it doesn't fit well tough your stuck with it mate.

So to keep this thread short, does anyone know anywhere that sells the O'Neill ST or the Bare MT, that has reasonable postage? Or an even longer shot, know anyone at O'Neill/Bare who could help?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what the shipping would be but you may want to check with Scuba Gear Scuba Diving Equipment Discount dive gear Snorkeling Equipment and Wetsuits Cheap online , they only list the 3mm Elastek on their site. www.leisurepro lists 3, 5 & 7mm Elastek suits on their site. Both of them list the medium tall as an in-stock.

I have the opposite problem - shortish (5'10") & widish (225 lbs) and Bare is one of the few companies that makes a wetsuit that fits me well - everyone else expects at 225lbs you're 6' 4"!

Thanks for the info Brian, I think I have the situation sorted now.

I phoned O'neill in the US and they confirmed they never did the ST size in the sector so that answered that. I phoned Bare in the US who gave me details of Bare in Malta (where they are made). They spoke to the UK distributor who apparently now are happy to send a suit to my LDS to try one on! Result! Let's just hope it fits when it arrives!

Back
Top Bottom