UGH Rain!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I was asking about visibility and dive conditions because I have friends from Colombia coming up to dive. The dives are scheduled and happening so there's nothing much we can do about water quality but I was just curious if people think the viz will get horrible. Conditions were so great the last few weeks! I just want them to have a good time. Most of the dives will be off boats a few miles off coast. Just wanted to know what kind of viz you think we'd expect. How far out does that swell report go?

That dirt water picture is kind of awesome... and intriguing!

First off, don't apologize for having bad weather, it's not like you can do anything about it. Second, those Monterey boats go out in some pretty rough conditions and still produce amazing dives.

The off shore viz is just to unpredictable. Have fun with your friends, one way or the other.

The swell models for Monterey/Carmel call for 10-12 foot swells on Thursday. I think you and your friends will enjoy the Monterey Bay Aquarium after the boat cancels.

Bleh =/

Monterey Bay Aquarium is already on the list but for Friday. Thursday was the shore dive day to get them all used to the cold water gear. I hope friday the swell goes down. I REALLY hope sat and sunday there's not much in SD!

We were in San Diego in August when that big storm track hit and there was a swell model with 6-8 ft, and big sets hitting the beaches here. Had two days of great diving on pretty flat water down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom