ugh help needed- frustrated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajohn921

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hidoes anyone have a pic or something that shows the correct way to thread a tank band cam on my bc,so when i pull the cam buckle it tightens up snugly i took mine off and now i cant put it back the way it weas ugh im so frustrated with it, and i feel real stupid too

this is a cressi s111, i cant figure out how to thread the cam buckle itself, no numbers though :(

Most buckles have a diagram molded into the edge. Hard to see

Check my earlier post -- I added a link to an Aqualung manual. The Aqualung threading is the same as my Aeris, probably about the same as the Cressi.

that diagram is perfect, execellent, thankyou so much

scubajohn921:
hidoes anyone have a pic or something that shows the correct way to thread a tank band cam on my bc,so when i pull the cam buckle it tightens up snugly i took mine off and now i cant put it back the way it weas ugh im so frustrated with it, and i feel real stupid too

Don't feel bad, when I worked in Cayman there was always a pile of BCD's not being used because the Divemasters/Instructors had no clue how to weave them.....

So I make it a point that any leadership course I teach (DM,AI, Instr, Instr. Trainer) that my students KNOW how.:D

I ended up generating a modified version of what Aqualung has, includes wetting the strap, rotating the buckle up before doing the Fig 4 final thread and close part.

We make it a point to show this to our OW students. Some remember how to do it and some don't by the time they get their own gear but when they left the class they had done it at least a couple of times.
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom