Ugh, dopey dry suit questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found I only need 26-28 lbs total with an AL80, wet gloves and enough undergarment to keep me pretty warm. One of my buddies was really tollerant of the cold and just wore some rei fleece under his drysuit, only needing about 25 pounds even though his suit was quite a bit baggy in the legs. All this in about 50 degree water. Keeping your feet, core and head warm can decrease the bulk of your undergarment and decrease the amount of weight you need to carry. My first dive with my new suit I just had a normal pair of socks on and I was freezing, I threw another undergarment layer on and i was still a bit chilled but needed a ton of weight to stay down, I tried just the first layer and some really thick socks and I was nice and warm. (= Everyone is a bit different, it took me about 10 dives to get the weighting/undergarment combination down correctly. You should try out a drysuit a few times if you get a chance.

-Devin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom