Uflm150-zm80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you IC

We come from different views on this, I read the spec, look at the test pictures, look at what the lens aim to achieve and then test it myself ... before making a judgement

The mount does not kill any flexibility, maybe you can expand on this further and will be useful for other potential purchasers of this lens

I'd give you mine for the weekend, to try it

What I meant is that I only have room for two lenses to take underwater and my choice would be a diopter or two and not this one
Taking more than two lenses may result in loosing one and I play safe
I also think that if you like the effect of this lens over a diopter than you should carry it
Personally I like more conventional shots and I can still focus on the dome with an UFL165 and if there was a whale shark in the background that would be in focus too as this lens has infinite depth of field at F8 when your subject is at 10 cm
Again horses for courses but it is important to understand what a lens can or not do
I would not recommend someone to go and buy this lens to take a picture of anything bigger than half foot as this is what the lens has been designed to shoot at best

I have this lens and have used it with my FIX S90 set together with UFL165AD and 2 stacked UCL165ADs. I was the first kid on my block with the bug-eye and was very excited about it.

After getting it set up the first time, I found the corners very very soft and thought I had it set up wrong. So I spent more time trying to get it set up properly but did not get much improvement on the corners. I have checked the inon site and you will find the corners are in fact very soft as well.

It requires a small subject (golf-ball sized) 2 to 3 inches in front of the lens to get the best image quality. I like the idea of the lens but not its practical applications which are just too specific. I always had it on my rig together with the UFL165AD and UCL165AD in case such circumstances presented themselves and I could make use of the lens.

I never got any really sharp images and realized I was simply letting the novelty of the new perspective that kept me interested. I would only recommend the lens to those who like to experiment a lot with different lenses.

I have since packed away the lens and selling it with the rest of my FIX S90 rig.

I noticed elsewhere Ozziworld that you are selling your S90 rig, however I would like to thank you and Nemrod for your various comments over the past 18 months or so which in turn helped me in selecting and setting up my own S95 Recsea rig.

Interceptor, an exceptional deal on a complete set for a Canon 7D set - Nauticam Housing, Camera, 4 lenses (10-17, 10-22, 50mm macro, and 18-270mm), dome, flat ports & gears and FIX LED1000 video light. Only thing I had to do was upgrade my strobes after selling my s2000s. Could not pass it up so I had to put up the FIX S90 set for sale.

I had absolutely no complaints with the FIX S90 set. Just the deal was hard to pass up. I do miss the compact size and weight. I weighted the new set and weighed in at 23lbs above water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom