UF Gator Football team set to repeat as National Champions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What a wonderful way to start the year! Both the AP and USA Today polls have ranked the Gators as the NUMBER ONE TEAM IN THE COUNTRY.

Somehow, after such a wonderful year last year with a brutal schedule, the Gators have been given a veritable cake walk. Sure we face some tough SEC teams, but I haven't heard of a bunch of these guys. Will this be our "Perfect Season"? Can Tebow, Spikes and the whole Swamp Gang really pull this off?

I'm gonna say YES!

GO GATORS!!!

Gator 2009 Football Schedule

When | The Victim | Where
Sat Sep 5|Charleston Southern|The Swamp!
Sat Sep 12|Troy|The Swamp!
Sat Sep 19|Tennessee| The Swamp!
Sat Sep 26|at Kentucky|Lexington, KY
Sat Oct 10|at LSU|Baton Rouge, LA
Sat Oct 17|Arkansas (HC)|The Swamp!
Sat Oct 24|at Mississippi State|Starkville, MS
Sat Oct 31|vs Georgia|Jacksonville, FL
Sat Nov 7| Vanderbilt|The Swamp!
Sat Nov 14|at South Carolina|Columbia, SC
Sat Nov 21|Florida International|The Swamp!
Sat Nov 28|Florida State|The Swamp!

and, of course, the National Championship Game. :D

Well since yall didnt play Auburn last year Ole Miss took our place and beat you in the Swamp.:D

I've got a feeling that you might get surprised again this year.

Dont forget about Mike's thread for SEC football

Yup. If they can get rated as Number One with a 12-1 record last year, they probably have a good chance of repeating this year. :rofl3:

You've got to love this:

Miami Herald:
GAINESVILLE -- The season hasn't even started and the defending national champion University of Florida football team already is breaking records.

The Associated Press' preseason Top 25 was released Saturday and Florida, ranked No. 1, received more first-place than any other team in the history of the preseason poll, which began in 1950. The Gators garnered 58 of 60 first-place votes. Texas, which returns senior quarterback Colt McCoy, received the other two first-place votes.

The pressure is on. No chance of making it through an SEC schedule without a loss. Go Razorbacks. Woo pig sooie.

I think our biggest threat is Mississippi State again. I will be updating the schedule as the season progresses:

Gator 2009 Football Schedule

When | The Victim | Where | Current Rank | Outcome
Sat Sep 5|Charleston Southern|The Swamp!|NR (Big South)| WIN! 62-3
Sat Sep 12|Troy|The Swamp!|NR (Sunbelt)|
Sat Sep 19|Tennessee| The Swamp!|NR (SEC)|
Sat Sep 26|at Kentucky|Lexington, KY|NR (SEC)|
Sat Oct 10|at LSU|Baton Rouge, LA|11 (SEC)|
Sat Oct 17|Arkansas (HC)|The Swamp! |NR (SEC)|
Sat Oct 24|at Mississippi State|Starkville, MS|9 (SEC)|
Sat Oct 31|vs Georgia|Jacksonville, FL |13 (SEC)|
Sat Nov 7| Vanderbilt|The Swamp!|NR (SEC)|
Sat Nov 14|at South Carolina|Columbia, SC|NR (SEC)|
Sat Nov 21|Florida International|The Swamp!|NR (SunBelt)|
Sat Nov 28|Florida State|The Swamp!|18 (Atlantic Coast)|

It's pretty easy to defend a National Championship with a wimp schedule like Florida has this year.

Florida only has a few games that they will have to actually put forth some effort in. The rest can all be won by 2nd squad.

Mississippi State might be the rising team of the SEC this year though. They might surprise everyone.

:thumb:

GatorPoop.jpg

Last edited:
Hey NetDoc, How much did it cost Florida in referee fees to insure Arkansas didn't knock them out of first place? They should be embarrassed to keep their spot by phony calls keeping their drive alive.

You can see the sour grapes by the expression on your monkey... :D

The officiating went both ways. It was a narrow escape by the Orange and Blue, but it was a legitimate win!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom