UEMIS Screen questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BB1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:DHi,

A few questions about the UEMIS screen:

Should I be using a screen protector of some sort?? Plastic clip type or stick on film like you use on an iphone??

I bought 2 UEMIS computers, 1 each for me and the wife. When they are switched on they seem to look the same and have the same brightness (settings match on both) but when they are charging and they go into there screen saver I can see the current battery level on mine and the circular animation around it no problem at all but on hers it is REALLY faint!!

Any reason for this because I know she's gonna ask and you know how wives can be!!

:idk:

Initial impressions are really good so far! :D

Hi Michael,

I have already checked the display brightness and it matches on both units. However one is definitely very much dimmer when the screen saver is active during charging. I cant tell how far the charging has progressed without waking the computer up again?? Any ideas??

I was only kidding about needing to read the manual, already started and have read a lot of it, troubleshooting section was excellent in fixing a PC synch problem! Its now light evening reading!

If your going to put a screen Protector on it. I recomend getting the "Invisableshield" from Zagg it originally started out for cell phones onw they make some for some computers. I actually used one from my LG voyager and put it onto my Proplus 2 and it fits great. You don;t even notice there is anything there and the screen it still 100% the material is scrath resistant.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

I know they do make them specific for the X-1/ and a few oceanic computers and some others

Thanks A22shady - they look good!

Michael, What's the official UEMIS word on needing screen protectors???

N/p they work great Just as they say they do.

Official word is, that they say it won't need one.
I do not have one myself and after close to 100 dives so far, the screen still looks like new. However, it certainly won't hurt to put one on.

Michael

regarding the screen brightness... are you charging them side by side on the same computer (USB port) or on two different computers and are they mac or PC?

in some computers, (this is all hearsay to me, as I run a mac) i've heard that one USB port sometimes has more power than the other. I guess this is why some computers need the two USB cable to run the little portable USB HD, and others (like my mac) don't, and can power the same USB drive with just one cable.

Nope this was charging them side by side using 2 travel adaptors!

So both charging from AC voltage.

My concern is if one of the 2 has an OLED display that is not 100% OK now and deteriorates over time and then isn't covered under a warranty!

That one hasn't even been wet yet. I dove mine on Saturday and it was awesome and I only had brightness set to 40% for that daytime dive.

I have also personally (not the DC's fault) found it a problem reading the active tank data at the bottom of the main screen (my old eyes) but the rest of the screen is ok. Hopefully they increase the size of that data a little in the future as there is plenty of room!

First dive with the computer was awesome though!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom