UEMIS Screen questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was told that the difference on the screen brightness during charging is simply because of the technical tolerance in OLED technique ( I hope I translated this one right...) It actually normal and it is not a technical defect. Once the SDA is in active mode, you can set the brightness at your own convenience ( as you know ).

Michael

Nope this was charging them side by side using 2 travel adaptors!

So both charging from AC voltage.

My concern is if one of the 2 has an OLED display that is not 100% OK now and deteriorates over time and then isn't covered under a warranty!

That one hasn't even been wet yet. I dove mine on Saturday and it was awesome and I only had brightness set to 40% for that daytime dive.

I have also personally (not the DC's fault) found it a problem reading the active tank data at the bottom of the main screen (my old eyes) but the rest of the screen is ok. Hopefully they increase the size of that data a little in the future as there is plenty of room!

First dive with the computer was awesome though!!

Reading the above post with regards the problem reading the tank data made me smile, I also have an issue with reading the tanks pressure on the display, I have had to move the DC as far down my arm as possible as the XXXbar is blurred.
I'm 45 and have never needed glasses! is it the start of my body falling apart??
Lucky that BIG tank data is only one slide to the right of the lower right button! big numbers & a graphical gauge!
Thats the great thing with the Uemis SDA, there is always an answer!

Its a fantastic peice of equipment!

Regards
Mark

:)

I've already put in a request for uh... bigger numbers... on the main screen. or a 'magnifier' option...

Wow what a great idea, touch screen like the iphone, hold finger in a possition for a mo & it magnifies it, you better patent it SG
XXXXXX

Mark

heh heh... i wish... actually i thought just add a little magnifying glass to one of the soft key options... if you push that button you get DEPTH, TIME, NDL/stop time, GAS REMAINING (or something along those lines) nothing fancy, just simple huge visible bare bones info when you want it.

They do need a screen protector imho!

I found the tiniest of scratches already - my fault but can't think where from?????

Screen protectors on both of ours asap!

Got another 7 dives on it this weekend - loving it!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom