uemis dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaab

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
If you have an uemis dive computer there is some interesting stuff happening on the web site. They announced they are beta testing a new firmware that will solve the flight issue some are having. Just wanted to let you know

Does anyone know if uemis, or the company that bought them, is still in business ? The uemis website does not appear to be functioning.

I had given up on my SDA after it was stuck in dive mode 1.5 years ago. But from a thread on the uemis dealer forum ( on scubaboard) it seems as though the new firmware now fixes this ? I probably had 100 dives on my SDA before it got stuck, and had also purchased a new replacement transmitter which I never got to use.i've just pulled it out of deep storage and it seems as though the battery is hosed because it will not charge or turn on when plugged in. I don't want to give uemis any more $ but I'm going to send it to Sea Level Scuba for a battery replacement.It was an awesome computer when it worked.---------- Post added March 7th, 2015 at 10:11 AM ----------After doing nothing for two hours, my SDA has magically come back to life !! After its 100% charged, I'm going to update firmware and hopefully the new addition of "flight mode" will fix it all.I live in Boulder, Co at 5,280 ft elevation and flying to sea level is what messed it up before. Edit:What a PIA it is now to sync or update firmware. The update didn't work on my Mac nor on my Windows 7 laptop-- apparently you need Java 7 build 25 ---- AFAIK there is no way to get that. Seems Java 7 is only available until April, 2015 and earliest I could get was build 75 . Luckily, we have a really old PC running XP. I fired that up and the FW update worked. Maybe there is some easier way to do this, but I couldn't find it. I would have expected more from the Swiss :(

Last edited:
If you decide you want a backup, I'm selling my wife's (only 17 dives on it) cheap. PM me if you're interested.

If you decide you want a backup, I'm selling my wife's (only 17 dives on it) cheap. PM me if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer, but I don't want another one. I'm quite dissapointed in Uemis. I used to be a big supporter of the SDA when it first came out, but not anymore.As a matter of fact, I was the first USA customer and "First US Customer" comes up on my SDA display !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom