Uemis closing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

X1: rotten display. I saw one in Okinawa and had to laugh.

Are you serious or are you blind? It has one of the best displays on the market. IMO, the best. I don't need color to understand the information being provided to me, and when scootering or doing just about anything else, I don't have to have the screen pointing close to directly at my eyes to view it.

Awesome and mature way to deal with an opinion you disagree with.

Two Thumbs Up

Are you serious or are you blind? It has one of the best displays on the market. IMO, the best. I don't need color to understand the information being provided to me, and when scootering or doing just about anything else, I don't have to have the screen pointing close to directly at my eyes to view it.

Awesome and mature way to deal with an opinion you disagree with.

Two Thumbs Up

You are entitled to your opinion, of course. However, I was serious about the question I posed. Without regard to whichever computer a diver may own or prefer, I've never heard anyone say the X1's display is "rotten" nor laughable.. Usually, just the opposite, even if they prefer or own a Predator, Galileo, Eumis Zurich, or any other brand / model. Some do say they feel the screen is too small for their liking. Thus, my question about your vision. :wink:
Of course, there is always the possibility that the one X1 you have seen had a problem with the screen, though I haven't heard of this issue previously. :eyebrow:

You are entitled to your opinion, of course. However, I was serious about the question I posed. Without regard to whichever computer a diver may own or prefer, I've never heard anyone say the X1's display is "rotten" nor laughable.. Usually, just the opposite, even if they prefer or own a Predator, Galileo, Eumis Zurich, or any other brand / model. Some do say they feel the screen is too small for their liking. Thus, my question about your vision. :wink:
Of course, there is always the possibility that the one X1 you have seen had a problem with the screen, though I haven't heard of this issue previously. :eyebrow:

Ok, taking your comment at face value. I have seen an X1 on a divemaster in Okinawa who loved it. I found the display very hard to read, and indeed laughable compared to my brand new (at the time) uemis. I swam up to him at about 40ft depth in good visibility and we compared dive computer displays. Mine was bright and easy to read, his was too small with too little contrast.

Could this be an individual issue with that specific unit or his specific settings? Possible. But going back to their site I still don't come away impressed with the display.

And admittedly this is WAY off topic here - so please all further discussion in private messages (or in a thread in a more appropriate place)...

Last edited:
Let me start by saying , looks like a great product , i was a little confused by the size of the battery in the last pic.On the other hand have you been able to minimize size as well as components? Looks promising, Allen

Ok, taking your comment at face value. I have seen an X1 on a divemaster in Okinawa who loved it. I found the display very hard to read, and indeed laughable compared to my brand new (at the time) uemis. I swam up to him at about 40ft depth in good visibility and we compared dive computer displays. Mine was bright and easy to read, his was too small with too little contrast.

Could this be an individual issue with that specific unit or his specific settings? Possible. But going back to their site I still don't come away impressed with the display.

And admittedly this is WAY off topic here - so please all further discussion in private messages (or in a thread in a more appropriate place)...

I have an X1 and a Uemis. I prefer the Uemis display over the X1, but...at least Liquivision is still in business and has trimix software. The X1 display is adequate and easy to read if the brightness is set properly, but everyone within 10 feet can read my Uemis.

Too bad Uemis went belly up before completing their trimix upgrade.

Last edited:
Subscribing to this thread.

Love my Zurich and very sorry to hear about this turn of events. On the main dive screen the time and temp are a little hard to read in some viz/lighting conditions, had hoped to get a change to bold font like the rest of the screen. We'll see what happens to the assets, maybe...

Don't pick it up and pick another computer :wink:

I'm hopefully going to swap it out. If not it's a real problem. I actually have it for sale here on the Scubaboard. I'm moving and it was unexpected, so I need the money asap. I'd still take it if someone were interested and I'd let it go at a really good price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom