ucl165 67mm or subsee +10 for diopter with 18-55mm, sony nex-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitro91

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Currently got a nex-5 with the nauticam housign and the 18-55 lens and would like to get some closer focus macro shots. which would be better between the inon ucl165 or the subsee diopter?

Not sure how much it ways under water but on land it was around 380g. I found it made the camera want to tilt down underwater. I might add stix float to the port to help with the balance. I did a two and a half hour dive with it and my arms weren't sore so it isn't that bad.

I can't compare the two, but I do use the Nex 5n in the Recsea housing, and got the 67MM adapter to use with the 18-55mm port with 2 stacked Inon UCL-165 lenses that I had from my s90 set up. I really like it; greatly improve your macro ability, and easy to just snap on and off.

Would like to try out the subsee at some point as well.

stacked UCL165AD's

P7240011.jpg

I can't compare the two, but I do use the Nex 5n in the Recsea housing, and got the 67MM adapter to use with the 18-55mm port with 2 stacked Inon UCL-165 lenses that I had from my s90 set up. I really like it; greatly improve your macro ability, and easy to just snap on and off.

Would like to try out the subsee at some point as well.

Sounds good

i just got the ucl165 for the nauticam with 18-55 lens.

when i put it on there is a big black outline of the photo but when i zoom in it goes away.
does that mean i have to shoot at around 55mm?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom