Ubud hotel/ or villa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am not really expecting anyone to have too much on this, but I have come to really respect the opinions and experience that gets posted here! I have narrowed down the first week to this town in Bali and am probably just going to take a stab at a place from the Internet unless somebody has had a good experience with lodging in Ubud... I am not too picky, just don't like the canned thing. Anybody know anything about Ubud? I do go crazy for Balinese design and traditional architecture.

Catherine,

We're going to Bali April 6th. and will return the 16th. We'll be in Ubud a few days, and would be more than happy to pass along what we scope out unless you're travelling during that time. We were in Ubud for a couple days last year and loved it. We stayed at Biyukukung Suites which was really nice, but a little walk from the center of town. (15min.)

This time we are going to find a less expensive place and just 'wing it' a little more. We know a guy there (through friends who have been there a few times) who is more than willing to pick us up at the airport and transport/tour us wherever we would like. We can also pass along his name and e-mail if you like.

With tourism so down, places are pretty desperate for business. The manager of Biyukukung last year has changed to Villa Wanakerta and we e-mail each other occassionally. He told us they went a whole month without a guest! We'd probably stay there, except it's a little higher end than we want.

Let me know if we can be of help. Just PM me and maybe then remind me when we get back!

Dennis

Catherine,

If you like history and stay in an interesting place try Tjampuhan Hotel and Spa it has lots of traditional architecture. It used to be the Royal Family guest homes during the turn of the century. Authur & musician & painter Walter Spies lived there from 1927 until Japan invaded during WW II and killed him. Their e-mail tjampuan@indo.net.id My wife and I have stayed there a few times. It has a great spa & swimming pool that is carved in the rock.

Dennis when are we going diving at the Grotto???

Dale Carhill

Dennis, sounds great. I will do that. We have plenty of time...so that will be fantastic if I can benefit from what you guys find out! I will make note to check in with you late April early May. Any store names you particularly like...

Dale, I was just reading about that hotel! I will google the hotel and see what the rates are these days. I am trying to find ideas for a master bath remodel using some Bali design themes and their bathrooms looked so nice...

I went there as a backpacker in 96...

We just showed up and found a place for about $4 each a night.....

Watch out for the Monkeys!!! ooo, and happy hour is cheap!!!

Ahhh, the days... if you rent a bike the back brake is on the left, not the right.. i found that out the hard way.. face plant! Damn beer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom