UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the same lens in fact but use it exclusively above water and have a Tokina 10-17 for my wide angle choice underwater, but it is more fisheye than the Nikkor lens. I would probably need to buy another dome plus extension to accommodate the 10-24.

The 10-24 is long. It only has about 1 cm clearance on the 8 inch dome at full extension. It may work with a 4 inch dome and an extension, but if you're going to be using the Tokina, the 8 inch maybe the better all around port.

23C at 71M yesterday on the Ines, nice and warm on the deco though :D

Prop of the Ines

Did not have much time to look for nudis, was shooting WA anyway with the Tokina 10-18, so fairly pointless to be honest.

26C bottom temp on Inch 1 on Friday :D time for the 3mm yay

Myriad of battery problems though, both strobes died, spare batteries lent to me worked for one flash, and battery warning on my new Petrel after only 17 ish hours of diving.

Visibility on Inch 1 was amazing, good predator action on the shoaling fusiliers and snapper.

Inch 2 was also excellent at the beginning (could see the wreck from around 5M) but by the end of the dive was down to around 2-3M.

Couple of shots

Oman Hawkfish

Hypselodoris carnae

Was it a new battery on your Petrel? I have both the 1 and the 2. I was getting about 30 hours on an alkaline AA on the 1. I'm getting about 35 on the 2.

Visited 3 Rocks and Dibba Rock on Saturday from Sandy Beach.

Couple of shots, one from each site:

DSC_0011 copy.jpg

DSC_0054 copy.jpg

Was it a new battery on your Petrel? I have both the 1 and the 2. I was getting about 30 hours on an alkaline AA on the 1. I'm getting about 35 on the 2.

New Petrel with the original battery (Panasonic), now idea how long it was since installed. Changed it for an Energizer, let's see how long it lasts.

---------- Post added June 1st, 2015 at 08:07 PM ----------

Simon and Abdullah,

I am planning to dive with Barracuda on Friday if you are interested, besides Inch 10 they also dive a couple of really good macro sites The Blocks and Meemo.

Wish I could, but can't get away this weekend.

Apparently 8 knots constitutes a cyclone, east coast diving cancelled, I have a plan B though :wink:

It was blowing 18 on shore in Khor Fakkan at 0615 this morning, swell 1.3m, and wind expected to increase to 25. Chance of thunderstorms... coast guard being cautious I guess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom